Thursday, January 20, 2011

The Body Shop Dewberry Shower Gel

Not too long ago I did a review on The Body Shop's Dewberry body lotion. I picked up the shower gel and just now got around to using it. I think it cost me around six bucks or four euro. Before I do the review I've must say I was on The Body Shop's website and I saw that they made a new price for their body butters. They are now sixteen which is much more reasonable than the twenty dollar price. I wish they had gone down to fourteen though, then I MIGHT consider paying full price. But YAY Body Shop!
The Body Shop says:
It’s back! A deliciously fruity soap-free cleansing gel for use in the bath or shower. Creates a luxurious foamy lather to leave skin feeling cleansed and gently fragranced with the nostalgic scent of Dewberry. An old favourite from The Body Shop®, originally launched in 1988 - now improved with added Community trade Aloe Vera and 100% post-consumer recycled packaging!!!

So like the  body lotion, I just don't like the scent. It's too pine like and outdoor smelling. It's also very essential oil smelling. But like all of The Body Shop's shower gels it lathers well (on a pouf), doesn't dry my skin, and doesn't linger (which is good because I don't like the scent. It's a very unisex scent though so anyone can use it. I  recommend giving it a sniff in the store.


 Ingredients:
Water (Solvent/Diluent), Sodium Laureth Sulfate (Surfactant), Cocamidopropyl Betaine (Surfactant), Polysorbate 20 (Emulsifier), Sodium Chloride (Viscosity Modifier), Fragrance (Fragrance), Phenoxyethanol (Preservative), PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate (Emulsifier), Sodium Benzoate (Preservative), Linalool (Fragrance Ingredient), Citric Acid (pH Adjuster), Benzophenone-4 (Sunscreen agent, Ultraviolet Light Absorber), Amyl Cinnamal (Fragrance Ingredient), Geraniol (Fragrance Ingredient), Disodium EDTA (Chelating Agent), Limonene (Fragrance Ingredient), Citronellol (Fragrance Ingredient), Benzyl Salicylate (Fragrance Ingredient), Rubus Caesius Fruit Extract (Natural Additive), Hexyl Cinnamal (Fragrance Ingredient), Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice (Skin-Conditioning Agent), Benzyl Alcohol (Preservative), Red 33 (Colour), Blue 1 (Colour).

The ingredients list could use a little help. Too many chemicals in it for me. Overall, just not my cup of tea.I'm looking forward to getting my hands on their Raspberry Ripple Shower Gel and the Watermelon Body Lotion. Have yo tried the Dewberry line? Like it, Love it, or Leave it?

No comments:

Post a Comment