Thursday, January 20, 2011

Which Scent Are You?

So now after trying many different types of scents, I think I'm finally discovering the types of scents I like. I'm still not able to inhale a scent and tell you what it's made of but I've discovered what my personal taste is when it comes to scents.

I've discovered that there are at least six different types of scents..

Floral- I'm just not a big fan of floral scents. Maybe I'll find a floral in the future that I will fall head over heels in love with but for now I'm still looking. Most of the florals I've come across are just BORING.
Orientals- Now correct me if I'm wrong but I think most Oriental's are musks. If that's true then I LOVE ORIENTALS and need more in my life. An oriental is "a heady mix of spices, amber, balsams and resins marks this type, suggestive of warmth and exotic sensuality".


Citrus- I haven't tried any citrus scents. I think I need to get my hand on some. Their usually described as "
 derived from citrus fruits such as lime, lemon, tangerine and mandarin, this fragrance type projects a sharp, tangy aroma." I think I would like them.

Green- Hmm...I REALL haven't tried any green scents but usually very outdoorsy scents aren't for me. I'd still try it though.

Chypre- What does this mean?

Fruity- I love fruity fragrances. But I just haven't found one that completely captivates me.

Well, I'm learning that there are so many more scents for me to try. I'de better get started. What scent type most captures your attention? What's your signature scent?

No comments:

Post a Comment