Monday, January 3, 2011

Nivea A Kiss of Milk and Honey Lip Balm

 My first Nivea lip balm!! I had just run out of my Burt Bee's lip balm and was desperately in need of another. The Cold Weather kept making my lips dry, and  I was also wearing a drying lipstick pretty regularly. And the Body Shop lip butter (bleh) was not cutting it. So I picked this  up for about three dollars. Not a bad price.


Nivea says:
In Nivea Lip Care Milk & Honey perfectly blended milk and honey team up to moisturise your lips.  Natural ingredients with caring milk and honey extracts intensively pamper and nourish, while the long lasting moisture makes your lips soft, supple and smooth.Delights your lips with extra rich care. Inspires your senses with delicious honey scent.Effectively protects your lips from drying out, also in cold weather and dry air.

Packaging- Super Cute with little Bee's on it. Bumble Bees are soo cute. The only problem I have is the inside tube which is kind of grooved and catches all sorts of gunk. I wish they would make it smooth.

Scent- It doesn't smell like milk and honey. More of a cherry/honey scent. Pretty Average. It doesn't linger much.

Moisturization: Pretty good. I think I get a good four hours in cold weather before I have to re-apply. It feels kinda thicker than I'm used to but that's certainly not a bad thing. It makes my lips feel so smooth though.

Ingredients:
Microcrystalline Wax, Octyldodecanol, Hydrogenated Polydecene, Cetyl Palmitate, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Myristyl Myristate, VP/Hexadecene Copolymer, Polyglyceryl 3 Diisostearate, Cetearyl Alcohol, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Coco Glucoside, Pentaerithrityl Tetraisostearate, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), C20 40 Alkyl Stearate, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Tocopherol Acetate (Vitamin E Acetate), Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Glycerin, Panthenol, Beeswax (Apis Mellifera), Water, Fragrance (Parfum)

The packaging says that it is made in GERMANY. Yay germany!! I don't think I've seen it in the German stores but that's ok. The ingredients are... not so great. It has too many things I can't even understand. Towards the end it gets better though. Overall, it's worth a try and I can't wait to try more of their balms.

3 comments:

  1. I love this, except for the scent and taste - I know a lot of reviewers have liked the scent or mentioned it not really being noticeable, but I didn't find that to be the case at all. The product itself is great. It really moisturizes and soothes chapped lips. I won't be repurchasing, though, or even using it unless my lips are really chapped and I have nothing else to use, because the smell and taste make me nauseated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not as moisturizing as the kiss of moisture or kiss of smoothness, but it is moisturizing to say the least. I like the smell of it, too. At first when I bought it I expected it to smell suffocatingly sweet but was pleasantly surprised to notice that it just had a hint of sweetness and was a very warm smell. I like it. And since I'm not a big fan of super sweet scents, it was perfect.
    I like the packaging, it's cute. The only thing that turns me off about this product is just the fact that the lip balm is this ugly orangey yellow color. not attractive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Beatrice-I know how you feel about the scent, I can't really decide whether I like it or not!! Have you tried any of the other ones? And thanks for commenting :)

    @Shea Butter- Yeah that color is weird, I thought it was going to be clear not that strange color!! At least it goes on clear though :)I'm gonna have to try the ones that you mentioned. Thanks for commenting!!

    ReplyDelete