Saturday, April 2, 2011

The Body Shop Coconut Lip Butter

My first venture into the Coconut line from The Body Shop. I love coconuts. They are yummy, escpecially in baked goodies. But back to the lip balm. I paid around four dollars for this, which is pretty steep for a lip balm but it originally foes for about eight. I can tell you right now to just save your money and try something else.

The Body Shop says:
Make sure your lips kissably soft and smooth with a creamy coconut moisturizer made with Community Trade organic pure cold-pressed virgin coconut oil that’s a tantalizing tropical treat.

Community Trade shea butter from Ghana moisturizes and softens lips.
Community Trade organic beeswax conditions lips and acts as a barrier that seals in moisture.
Organic, virgin, cold-pressed Community Trade coconut oil softens and conditions lips.

This reminds me of the Shea Butter. Except it's not as thick. It's consitency is thinner and more cocnut oil like. The consitency changes depending on the envoronment but for the most part it's creamy. Which is a problem for me, I'm not a fan of having white lips from a lip butter. Actually it's more of a greyish cast that makes my face look dead. Not a good look. So I only use it at night. BUT the moisture doesn't last. It really does soften and smooth but the fact that it makes my lips grey and doesn't last makes me hate this product.The only thing it's good for is lightening lipsticks and glosses.

Ingredients:
Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Flavor, Beeswax, Brassica Campestris/Aleurites Fordi Oil Copolymer, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Lanolin, PEG-8 Beeswax, Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Silica, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ammonium Glycyrrhizate, Tocopherol, Cinnamal, Titanium Dioxide, Yellow 5 Lake.


It has some good stuff in it though. Which is really surprising.

So my advice, skip it.

No comments:

Post a Comment