Tuesday, April 5, 2011

The Body Shop Moringa Body Butter

This is one body butter that I never thought I would be reviewing, well...not so soon at least. When I was working for The Body Shop I would pick this up and it never really catched my fancy. When I saw this in Marshall's for eight dollars, there was no way I could resist so I picked it up and decided to give it a fair shot. It's regualr price is 16 dollars so it's definitely worth waiting for a sale. I think a fair price is 10-12 dollars. I think I would even pay about 14.

The Body Shop says:
 Soften and condition your skin with a rich floral-scented moisturizing cream that lasts up to 24 hours.

Moringa seed oil with natural oleic acid moisturizes and protects skin.
Community Trade shea butter moisturizes and softens skin.
Community Trade cocoa butter is an excellent moisturizer that melts at body temperature.

I'll start off with the scent. It's very floral. Like..Extremely floral. And the scent is strong. It lasts a good several hours on most days. Sometimes it gets into my clothes and scents them too. Which in my opinion is a good thing. I like a scent to last but others might see it as cloying.( it does lessen as you wear it) Just depends on what you like. Now I'll be honest, the floral scent is not my cup of tea, but I can certainly appreciate it. I think it might be more suitable for someone who loves florals or is a bit older than me.

Now moisturization is great. It sinks in fast and softens like nobody's business. And my skin stays that way until the next shower. The texure is pretty thick, not the thickest but I can see why they call is a body butter. The cream is a pretty yellow color and the color of the container is cute too.

Ingredients:
Water, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Lanolin Alcohol, Moringa Pterygosperma Seed Oil, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil, Honey, Bertholletia Excelsa (Brazil) Nut Oil, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Butter, Fragrance, Myristamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Xanthan Gum, Phenethyl Alcohol, Linalool, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexyl Cinnamal, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Tocopherol, Disodium EDTA, Benzyl Salicylate, Geraniol, Hydroxycitronellal, Sodium Hydroxide, Isoeugenol, Caramel, Yellow 5.


I love that the second ingredient is shea butter. And I also love that is has grape see oil, moringa oil (which I hear is very healing). cocoa butter, honey, brazil nut oil, and vitamin  e, all fair traded.
 
Overall, although not the scent for me I do highly recommend it. I think it's a very high quality butter. If I find another on sale I think I'll pick it up for my mom. She would LOVE this.

No comments:

Post a Comment