Saturday, April 9, 2011

Curls Goddess Curls Gel

Continuing on with the Curls line I decided to try their gel. I paidaround eight dollars for it, which I don't think is a bad price. You get eigh ounces of product that lasts for awhile.


Curls Says
This botanical gel will banish frizz, define and hold your curls in place-without the stiff, crunchy feeling that most gels give. Alchohol and protein free. Ideal for humid climates. Great for all curl types.




So I'll start off with the packaging. This gel comes with a little pump which is really cute and not to mention a really nice feature for the gel. The next thing I want to talk about is the scent. I've read other reviews and they mention the gel smells really good but mine just smells like chemicals. I would  prefer a fruity scent or something like the other line of products.

Now, let me talk about it's results on my hair. When I first started using it, it didn't do much of anything. That's whenI increased the amount that I was using in my hair. I get much less shrinkage and my hair stays defined and frizzy at the same time. It's kinda hard to explain. And my hair does get a little crunchy. I could cut down on the crunch by using a serum or moisturizer, but...I like to review a product based on what it does by itself.

Ingredients
Water, Sorbitol, Polyacrylate-14, Polyquaternium-7, Polysorbate 20, Fruit Certified Organic Mangifera Indica (Mango) Seed Butter, Plumeria Alba Flower Extract, Bossaccharide Gum-1, Carbomer, Certified Organic Butrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Aminomethyl Porpanol, Tetrasodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, DMDM Hydantoin

It's not all natural either although it has some good ingredients in it.

Overall its aight. Nothing I'm pressed to use again because I feel like there are better things out there for my wash and go. Not to mention I like my hair products to smell good and this just doesn't. I think my favorite gel still has to be the Sunsilk gel cream twist. I hope that hasn't been discontinued!

No comments:

Post a Comment