Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Carol's Daughter Some of Marguerite's Magic

 It's been awhile since I've used a Carols Daughter product so I thought I would pick one up. I paid fourteen for this but it's retail price is 16.50 which is by no means cheap.


Carol's Daughter says:
An Ultra-Moisturizing Hairdress. Ideal for Chemically-Treated or Damaged Hair. We love this because it:Is named after Lisa’s grandmother, Moisturizes, adds shine and improves manageability with Cocoa and Shea Butters, Absorbs quickly to rehydrate and restore luster, Moisturizes, protects and nourishes with Cocoa and Shea Butters, Soothes and calms the scalp with Lavender, Helps strengthen hair and promote growth with Soy and Sweet Almond Oils and Vitamin B.


PLUS, it has NO Parabens, Petroleum, Mineral Oil or artificial color





The first thing I noticed about this was the scent. Most Carols Daughter products stink to me but this one smells pretty good.  It kinda smells like Jergens Original Moisturizer, the cherry almond scented one. The scent doesn't last long though.

As for moisture, it's ok. My hair isn't dry or greasy. It's almost perfect moisture, except sometimes by the end of the day I think my ends could use a little extra TLC. 

The actual cream itself is pretty light. Kind of a whipped texture. It's about eight ounces but even with use every day I think this could last two to three months.  I don't use much in my hair. My curls look ok...I don't notice extreme definition or anything. When I first put this on it almost seems as though it is dulling my hair but after it dries I notice a nice little sheen which is good because my hair was seeming a little dull before this.



Ingredients:
Water, Zea Mays (Corn) Oil, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond Oil), Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter) Fruit, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Beeswax, Stearic Acid, Fragrance (Parfum), Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Oil, Triethanolamine, Phenoxyethanol, Capryl Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Hexylene Glycol, Disodium EDTA, Butylene Glycol, O-Cymen-5OL



The ingredients are ok. It's not all natural like Carol's Daughter sometimes tried to promote thier products as. The main ingredients are cheap oils such as soybean oil and Corn Oil but Shea butter and Cocoa follow soon after.


I think my hair likes the Healthy Hair butter a tad bit better...but the scent was not my cup of tea. I think Some of Marguerites Magic is a fair trade off for scent. Overall if you have the fourteen dollars and want to try some of Carol's Daughter products, this one isn't a bad one. 




No comments:

Post a Comment