Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Zucchini/Potato Soup

Yes. Another dud. It happens. But I'll post it anyway. Zucchini Soup doesn't even sound delicious. But I decided to try it anyway. Plus it had to much Dill in it. I don't think I'm a fan of dill.

"When my husband and I planted our first garden, we overdid it with the zucchini plants. By the end of harvest, I was at my wit's end wondering what I could do with the rest of the zucchini. My sister saved the day with this soup, although I added the potato and eggs to make the recipe my own."









Ingredients

  • 5 cups chicken broth
  • 4 small zucchinis, thinly sliced
  • 1 large potato, peeled, halved and thinly sliced
  • 1 large onion, thinly sliced
  • 3 eggs
  • 2 tablespoons lemon juice
  • 2 teaspoons dried dill weed
  • salt and pepper to taste

Directions

  1. In a saucepan, bring broth to a boil. Stir in zucchini, potato and onion. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender. In a small bowl, beat eggs; blend in lemon juice and 1/2 cup hot broth. Stir back into the saucepan. Heat over medium for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Do not boil. Stir in dill; season with salt and pepper. Serve immediately.

I also think I cooked the zucchini to long. We ended up throwing it out. The only thing this has going for it is that it is healthy. Maybe one day I'll try another soup recipe for zucchini.

No comments:

Post a Comment