Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Zucchini, Chicken and Rice Casserole

My second time making a casserole and this one was..Ok. The Lentil Bean one I made was better than this. It's a quick dinner that adds a little health to it with the zucchini...but I didn't like the zucchini in it. If I made this again I would omit them. And add salt to the celery/sour cream mixture. Or else it's bland. The roasted peppers added and interesting flavor. I think that in order to suit my tastes more I would just substitute with some Cayenne peppers. If you like roasted red peppers than do give it a try.


"Everyone loves a quick and easy one-dish meal. Enjoy this zucchini, chicken, red pepper and brown rice casserole any night of the week."



Ingredients

  • Vegetable cooking spray
  • 1 (12 ounce) package refrigerated or thawed frozen breaded cooked chicken tenders, cut into bite-sized strips
  • 2 large zucchini, cut in half lengthwise and thinly sliced
  • 1 (7 ounce) jar whole roasted sweet peppers, drained and thinly sliced
  • 1 cup uncooked quick-cooking brown rice
  • 1 (10.75 ounce) can Campbell's® Condensed Cream of Celery Soup or Campbell's® Condensed 98% Fat Free Cream of Celery Soup
  • 1 (10.75 ounce) can water
  • 1/2 cup sour cream


As a recipe I give it a three...but after you tweak it a bit to your taste you can make it four stars. I really love the sauce on the chicken strips though. I wanted to pick out the chicken...which is what my little sister did. Oh yeah, make sure you cook it with QUICK COOKING BROWN rice..the first time I made it I didn't and it was a disaster!!

No comments:

Post a Comment