Tuesday, July 26, 2011

The Body Shop Satsuma Body Butter

I got this for nine dollars...back when it retailed for twenty..nowadays they are selling it for eighteen. You get about  6.75 ounces of product which will last for about a month. I took this on vacation with me for three weeks and still have some left but I didn't use it everyday like I usually do.


The Body Shop claims:
  •  Soften your skin with a refreshing, citrus-scented cream that moisturizes for up to 24 hours.
    • Satsuma essential oil moisturizes skin and provides a natural citrus fragrance.
    • Community Trade shea butter moisturizes and protects skin with a high level of antioxidant vitamins A, E and F.
    • Community Trade cocoa butter is an excellent moisturizer that melts at body temperature



The cream is a very light textured light orange color. It absorbs instantly. Great for people that hate for their lotions to absorb. It smells like...satsumas. Only a little perfumy. It is pretty strong and it sticks to my clothing. I notice that if I put something on right after and wear whatever it was again I really notice the fragrance in that clothing. It might stick to me a little longer but maybe my nose has become desensitized to it. 

It does smell pretty good..but unfortunately with my body chemistry it turns into Joy Orange dishwashing detergent. Maybe if you have the right chemistry this will smell amazing. I almost forgot it also kind of reminds me of the Passionfruit one!

Now let's talk about moisturizing. It good for about six hours...but I notice that if I scratch my skin I get those white lines, which for me means my skin is dry. I don't see the dryness unless I scratch but for a body butter that costs this much I want my skin to be oober soft for twenty four hours or longer.

Ingredients:
Water, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Cyclomethicone, Glycerin, Citrullus Vulgaris, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Lanolin Alcohol, Fragrance, Limonene, Phenoxyethanol, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Xanthan Gum, Citrus Reticulata (Satsuma) Oil, Hexyl Cinnamal, Citral, Tocopherol, Benzyl Alcohol, Disodium EDTA, Linalool, Sodium Hydroxide, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Peel Oil, Citronellol, Geraniol, Yellow 5 (CI 19140), Red 4 (CI 14700).

The ingredients are pretty good. Which is weird because it didn't moisturize as well as I would have liked. It's hard to believe the second ingredients is Shea Butter and that it contains Cocoa Butter. It also has Orange and Satsuma Oil.

Do I recommend it? No, try and get your hands on a free sample, I was expecting more from this but it just didn't deliver. Cocoa Butter remains my all time favorite.

No comments:

Post a Comment