Tuesday, July 26, 2011

The Body Shop Satsuma Shower Gel

After hearing that this was the number one selling scent in the body butter and seeing so many positive reviews for this one youtube, I decided to pick it up. I paid about four euro for it, which is around six dollars give or take some change. Retail price is eight dollars.


The Body Shop Claims:

Wake up in the morning by using an invigorating, cleansing gel that leaves your skin clean and soft with a fresh citrus scent.

  • Satsuma peel essential oil moisturizes skin and provides a natural citrus fragrance.
  • Community Trade organic soy oil is rich in essential fatty acids to repair skin’s moisture barrier, so skin is smooth and supple.

You get 8.4 ounces of thin orange colored gel (my fave color). As with all body shop gels it isn't drying and lather is decent when using a shower puff. But I have two problems with this gel. One, it isn't as cleansing as I would like. It does Ok...but I feel like I would like to feel a little "fresher". Second, I was expecting to fall in love with the scent, I mean I love clementines (another word for satsuma) but this one doesn't smell like anything special. Almost like an orange candy type scent, reminiscent of tangerines. I mean..it's aight.... It won't linger though.

Ingredients:
Water, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Glycerin, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Cocamide DEA, Coco-Glucoside, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Benzyl Alcohol, Fragrance, Phenoxyethanol, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Citrus Nobilis, Methylparaben, PEG-55 Propylene Glycol Oleate, Propylene Glycol, Benzophenone-4, Limonene, Hexyl Cinnamal, Disodium EDTA, Citral, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Propylparaben, Citrus Reticulata (Satsuma) Oil, Linalool, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Oil, Citronellol, Geraniol, Orange 4, Yellow 6.


As with all other Body Shop gels the ingredient list is not the best, in fact there are quite a few chemicals in it. I would like to see more natural ingredients in it.

Recommend it? Well...no....but if you can get your hands on a sample in the store or you find it really cheap it's ok to try.

No comments:

Post a Comment