Wednesday, August 3, 2011

The Body Shop Sweet Lemon Lip Butter

et

Finally I'm on my last lip butter. I ordered them three for twelve dollars and they usually retail for eight bucks a piece. Which is super expensive.



The Body Shop says:
Enjoy beautifully kissable lips with a rich, intensive moisturizer enriched with luscious lemon seed oil and a creamy butter-like texture that melts onto the lips.
Lemon seed oil is high in anti-oxidants and Vitamin C and helps moisturize and soften the skin.
Community Trade shea butter has antioxidant vitamins A and E to help protect and nourish skin.
Community Trade organic beeswax conditions lips and acts 
                  as a barrier that seals in moisture.

 If you have read my other reviews of the lip butter then you know I can't stand them. But this one is a tiny bit better IMHO. Let's start with the scent. I was expecting an amazing lemon scent given the price but was rather disappointed when I sniffed and was reminded of the Bonne Bell Pink Lemonade scent. It's not the lemoniest lemon and kind of smells off to my nose. I think I prefer the cheaper Bonne Bell one.


The reason I hated the other ones was because they made my lips..look gray/white. Not a good look.  This one doesn't do that as much as the Coconut and Shea and I can minimize that ugly cast by really rubbing it in.

It's texture is pretty thick (reminds me of lemon frosting) but it doesn't really do much in the way of moisturzing. I think there are other products that do a better job and a cheaper price.

Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Brassica Campestris/Aleurites Fordii Oil Copolymer, Beeswax, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Seed Oil, Lanolin, PEG-8 Beeswax, Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Limonene, Silica, Flavor, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ammonium Glycyrrhizate, Tocopherol, Citral, Eugenol, Linalool, Citric Acid, Titanium Dioxide, Yellow 5 Lake.:

It has pretty good ingredients though...not all natural but certainly a good amount of natural products.

I think I would skip it. Not really a must have or really great product.

2 comments:

  1. The Body Shop lip butters are like the worst product ever. The one I tried was so thick I could barely apply it, and then it just sat there looking white and drying out my lips. Absolute fail. TBS hemp lip balm is good, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder how it's still on the market lol someone keeps buying that junk.I'm glad it wasn't just me..unfortunately I bought them three at a time but this is my last one! Thanks for commenting :)

    ReplyDelete