Wednesday, August 3, 2011

My New Macbook


I am...the proud new owner of a Macbook pro!!!! Now I'll be the first to tell you that four years ago when I was shopping for a computer I glanced at the Mac...then badmouthed them for having the same specs as other computers but costing an arm and a leg more. So I went with HP. And it served me right for two years...and then the screen wouldn't light up. And it costs over $200 to fix and since the battery was shot and I'de already replaced the charger I decided to just buy a new one.

I went with a red Toshiba that was fabulous although it was a little heavy and bulky. I think it was four inches. It was cool..until I dropped boiling water on it and my hand. It was a total user error. So I needed a new computer and decided to try a MAC. I'de become a little more familiar with the operating system and decided it was easier to operate than Windows. (especially WIndows Vista that asks for permission to do everything!!! and froze all the time)

So knowing that MAC offered three different types of computers I had to narrow it down. The Macbook Air is...nice. It's nice and light. But very expensive and lacking a Disk Drive. The white Macbook looks great but it was lacking a SD card slot...which left me with the pro. I went for the 13 inch because I like smaller computers.



I LOVE LOVE LOVE this computer. It's aluminum so it's nice and sleek, the keyboard is a breeze to type on, the display is gorgeous, the glass trackpad is amazing, and its so easy to operate!  Not to mention it's not susceptible to the viruses that Windows is susceptible to. And it's supposed to keep it's reselling value pretty well. 

Yay Macbook!!!

I don't even mind that I have to work a few extra weeks to pay for it! It's worth it!!

There's supposed to be a new operating system for it (Mac OSX Lion)..but I went to the store and was playing with it...it's not something that I need right now so I think I'll stick with Snow Leopard for now.


2 comments:

  1. I wish i could afford a Mac book but im going to look into it you encourage me to research it further.. I have a Toshiba labtop and it just seems like its always something with this thing now my screen light is going out and i wuold have to buy a whole new replacement screen but if you go on their website it says you can just replaced the bulbs which is not true just ugh.. I had this computer for only 2 years please i hope thats not the running lifetime of laptops.. I know HP last along time so if I cant get a Macbook I think im going to try HP.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is very expensive..but if you check Apples refurbished section online they have one that at it's lowest is around $800 because they discontinued the white Macbook. I've been working nearly the whole summer to pay for it but I'm almost done! I'm hoping that it lasts a couple years given the price...so far I really love it though! And the battery life is amazing!! If you have any questions about it you can always ask me :) HP does make a "knockoff" of the Macbook pro its called the HP Envy...

    ReplyDelete