Wednesday, August 17, 2011

MAC 239!!

 I got a new MAC BRUSH!!! I had been using my 217 for everything and I decided I really needed a brush for packing on and this one had GREAT reviews on youtube. Plus I'm looking to expand my MAC brush collection. This is my fourth brush now. 

It costs $24.50. Which is a lot of money for one brush? Was it worth it?

MAC claims:
Soft and dense to shade or blend eye shadow or emollient-based products. This brush has a tapered, rounded edge with smooth, firm, fine fibres. It can be used to build intense colour on the eyelid. M·A·C professional brushes are hand-sculpted and assembled using the finest quality materials. They feature wood handles and nickel-plated brass ferrules.


I love the way this brush feels in my hand.It feels...professional. I really like the way the brush is made, it picks up shadows perfectly and places the color exactly where I want. I think it makes cheaper shadows that aren't so pigmented show up a little bit better. It's also the perfect size. Not to big or small. 

I've seen ladies on youtube use this brush for brows, and also for adding a little color under the eye. It works in a pinch to blend also. It's good for using loose shadow, cream shadow, and wet shadow.
I found this is the perfect companion to my other brush, this is great for placing the color and the other one is good for blending out harsh lines and blending colors together.
\
Now I've heard there are knock-offs of this brush, the arts and crafts store sells Lowell Cornell (spelling) brush that is supposed to be really similar for around three bucks. But I don't regret my purchase. I LOVE this brush.



This time when I got it, I whipped out the clear nail polish and painted over the lettering (My MAC 217 lettering wore off). 

So overall, I'm happy with my purchase and already looking at which brush I want to get next. I'm thinking the 119. Hmmm. Of course that won't be for awhile but it doesn't hurt to plan!!

No comments:

Post a Comment