Monday, August 15, 2011

The Body Shop Jolly Orange Shower Gel


I buy a bunch of Body Shop products and this came free with my purchase. They had a TON in the store but I wasn't really tempted to buy it. This product came out with the Holiday 2010 collection along with Jolly Orange, Cranberry Joy, and some Vanilla one. 

The Body Shop claims:
The Body Shop Jolly Orange Bath & Shower Gel - 8.4 Oz. : This soap-free shower gel contains real orange seed oil and has the aromatic scent of citrus and spice. * With orange extract and Community Trade Honey * Soap-free * Does not dry out skin * Citrus-and-spice scent

Soo, I'll start off with the positives. It's cleansing. It doesn't dry my skin. It won't linger. 

Now the negative.

I LOATHE, LOOAAATTHHHE the smell. What was Body Shop thinking? When I hear a name like "Jolly Orange" I expect a bright sunny orange smell. And this is like gingerbread orange. YUCK. I don't think spice and orange really go together. The scent makes me want to throw it away, but I persist using it. I just use insane amounts for one shower to use it up more quickly.

Ingredients:
Aqua, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Acrylates Copolymer, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Glycerin, Coco-Glucoside, Sodium Chloride, Benzyl Alcohol, Parfum, Sodium Hydroxide, Citrus Aurantium Fruit Water, Honey, Bitter Orange Peel, Salcylic Acid, Limonene, Disodium EDTA, Sorbic Acid, Linalool, Yellow 6


Blech. Don't even pick it up for free, I'm thinking I might take a break from Body Shop products. (if only I didn't have so many sitting on my dresser!!

No comments:

Post a Comment