Thursday, October 13, 2011

The Body Shop Black Velvet Apricot Body Butter

I got my hands on a seasonal body butter from 2009. At least that's when I think it came out. I paid only four euros for this which was a great price!!

The Body Shop claims:
An all over creamy intensive moisturiser for the body, packed with moisturising Community Trade ingredients to leave skin feeling soft, supple and delicately fragrant.




Scent:
I like the scent. I'm not in love. But I like it. It's like an apricot with a hint of rose, and a little darkness spread in. One thing I'm not a fan of is this reminds me of the scent that we used to get in the stuff you sprinkle on your carpet before you vacuum. It last anywhere from an hour to two hours. The first hour it can be pretty intense so if your a perfume wearer make sure you stay within the same family.

Packaging:
It comes in a tub. Only I think this is a little classier that the other packaging that usually features the fruit on the lid. Some people have issues with dipping their finger in it but that doesn't bother me. It would be too thick for a squeezy bottle or a pump anyway.

Moisturization:
It's OK. Pefect for normal skin.

Ingredients:
Aqua (Solvent/Diluent), Butyrospermum Parkii (Skin-Conditioning Agent/Emollient), Glycerin (Humectant), Cetearyl Alcohol (Emulsifier), Glycine Soja Oil (Emollient/Skin Conditioner), Cyclopentasiloxane (Skin-Conditioning Agent/Emollient), Glyceryl Stearate (Emulsifier), PEG-100 Stearate (Surfactant), Cyclohexasiloxane (Conditioning Agent), Bertholletia Excelsa Nut Oil (Emollient), Lanolin Alcohol (Stabiliser/Emollient), Orbignya Oleifera Seed Oil (Emollient), Sesamum Indicum Oil (Emollient), Theobroma Cacao Seed Butter (Emollient), Parfum (Fragrance), Prunus Armeniaca Kernel Oil (Emollient), Phenethyl Alcohol (Fragrance Ingredient), Caprylyl Glycol (Skin Conditioning Agent), Prunus Domestica Seed Oil (Emollient), Xanthan Gum (Viscosity Modifier), Butylene Glycol (Humectant), Sodium Hydroxide (pH Adjuster), Disodium EDTA (Chelating Agent), Prunus Armeniaca Fruit Extract (Skin Conditioning Agent), Tocopherol (Antioxidant), Linalool (Fragrance Ingredient), Limonene (Fragrance Ingredient), Citronellol (Fragrance Ingredient), Leuconostoc/Radish Root Ferment Filtrate (Antifungal/Antimicrobial agent), Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone (Fragrance Ingredient), Geraniol (Fragrance Ingredient), CI 19140 (Colour), CI 14700 (Colour).


Not all natural but still has some good stuff in it and towards the top. I deal with it.

So overall I like it, and for the price it was worth it. But if I had to pay over six or seven buck I probably wouldn't rebuy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment