Thursday, October 6, 2011

Recipes: Zucchini with Pecans

This recipe gave me an appreciation for the taste of just regular zucchini. Previously I was never a fan. Except when added to another dish, or shredded in some baked goodies.


At first I was a little nervous about the pecans, but I really like the extra crunch that it had.



"This vegetable dish recipe was in my grandmother's collection. At first, I only cooked it on Sundays or special occasions. But my family enjoyed it so much, I make it all the time now. -Wanda Penton, Amite, Louisiana"

Ingredients

  • 1 1/2 cups julienned zucchini
  • 1 teaspoon olive or vegetable oil
  • 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
  • Dash pepper
  • 2 tablespoons toasted, chopped pecans

Directions

  1. In a skillet, saute zucchini in oil for 5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Sprinkle with garlic salt, pepper and pecans. Serve immediately.


Not to make this recipe...better..I like to use some butter, and add a little more pecans than the recipe calls for. I also realized that I like zucchini better when it's julienned.And I would absolutely make this again as a quick veggie side. Yay!!

I got this recipe from allrecipes.com

No comments:

Post a Comment