Wednesday, November 9, 2011

The Body Shop Almond Shower Gel


Yes, another TBS shower gel. I have tons of them. This one I bought for four euro which was almost six dollars. It retails for eight so I got a bit of a deal. So how did I like it?

The Body Shop claims:
A soap-free cleansing gel that lathers up in the bath or shower to leave your skin feeling clean, soft, and subtly scented.


Scent:
I love the scent. Seriously. The first time I used it I was slowly starting to fall in love...now I'm just head over heels. I wouldn't call this scent almond Every now and then I get a whiff of the "almond". More like the extract. I've never known anything to really smell like the nut. But it's mostly just...comforting. It's the perfect scent if you like showering at night. It's almost reminiscent of some baby body wash I used years ago. And this one lingers. Big Shock. None of the other's stayed on my skin. Of course I can only smell it if I put my arm right up to my nose but I don't mind.

Cleansing:
Yes. I feel very clean after using it. Some TBS gels don't leave me feeling clean but this one does.

Moisturization:
My skin isn't stripped at all (TBS Papaya Gel I'm looking at you). In facto my skin is back to normal since using this. I was getting quite dry and scaly from my other gel. Of course I still put lotion on afterwards to keep my skin extra soft but you could skip a day without looking to bad.

Lather:
Great with a puff. Wouldn't use it without. The lather is super thick but it get's the job done. It isn't a thick gel either, in fact it's kinda thin. But that isn't a negative.

Ingredients:
Water, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Glycerin, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Cocamide DEA, Coco-Glucoside, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance, Sodium Benzoate, Citric Acid, Hexyl Cinnamal, Linalool, Benzophenone-4, Sweet Almond (Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis) Extract, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Disodium EDTA, Limonene, Coumarin, Methyl 2-Octynoate, Geraniol, Yellow 6, Red 33, Green 3.


I wish it had more natural ingredients though!




Do I recommend?
Yes, if you like comforting scents and your skin isn't to dry then I think you should give it a go. I think it's my favorite gel from TBS that I've tried. (most of them aren't that impressive). It's on sale on the site now for FIVE DOLLARS. If you wanted to try it now is the time!! (More off if you are a Love your Body Member)

No comments:

Post a Comment