Thursday, February 23, 2012

The Body Shop Almond Body Butter


I've used the Almond Shower gel with great results, so I was more than happy when it was time to crack open my Almond Body Butter. Now I only wish that I had used it in conjunction with the gel. I don't remember how much I payed but I know it was less than ten. Wait for a sale ladies!!

The Body Shop claims:
Our famous Body Butter with sweet almond oil. It is quickly absorbed and leaves normal to dry skin feeling soft and smooth.
  • Hydrates
  • Leaves skin feeling soft and smooth
  • Buttery texture
  • Sweet almond scent

Scent:
Yummy, Yummy, Yummy. I love the scent. It's just like the gel. I don't know if it really smells like Almond because I never really took the time to actually sniff the nut. Maybe one day I will. Until then, I just think it smells very comforting with a tinge of the cherry. And it sticks around...sometimes. If I put my skin right up to my skin I can usually get a whiff of it for a few hours after I apply it. (I read a few reviews and hear it smells of marzipan, which I've never smelled)

Moisturizing?
Yup. Although I'm not exactly wowed by the results. It get's the job done. Can't complain there.

Texture:
Smooth, Light, and Buttery. I say buttery because this one is actually thick, some of the body butters are more like creams or lotions. 

Ingredients:
Aqua (Water) (Solvent/Diluent), Prunus dulcis (Sweet Almond Oil) (Emollient), Cyclomethicone (Emollient), Butyrospermum parkii (Shea Butter) (Emollient), Glycerin (Humectant), Theobroma cacao (Cocoa Butter) (Emollient), Glyceryl Stearate (Emulsifier), PEG-100 Stearate (Surfactant), Cetearyl Alcohol (Emulsifier), Lanolin Alcohol (Stabiliser/Emollient), Phenoxyethanol (Preservative), Parfum (Fragrance), Methylparaben (Preservative), Propylparaben (Preservative), Xanthan Gum (Viscosity Modifier), Hexyl Cinnamal (Fragrance Ingredient), Linalool (Fragrance Ingredient), Butylphenyl Methylpropional (Fragrance Ingredient), Limonene (Fragrance Ingredient), Benzyl Alcohol (Preservative), Disodium EDTA (Chelating Agent), Coumarin (Fragrance Ingredient), Sodium Hydroxide (pH Adjuster), Methyl 2-Octynoate (Fragrance Ingredient), Geraniol (Fragrance Ingredient), Caramel (Colour). 

It has some good ingredients pretty high up but of course the lower you travel the more junk you find in it.

Do I recommend it? Well, yeah, I think it's my second favorite. That is after the Cocoa Butter one, which is without a doubt my fave.  If only the scent lingered a little more. Side Note: I got my hands on the Chocomania body butter!!

No comments:

Post a Comment