Tuesday, March 13, 2012

The Body Shop Satsuma Soap

I've used the shower gel and the body butter from the Satsuma line. Unfortunately the line doesn't wow me (except the reed diffuser). I paid a little over two dollars for it, it's listed at four dollars but you can usually get stuff from the body shop cheaper in their sales. Did the soap change my mind?



The Body Shop claims:

  • Cleanse your skin with a moisturizing, vegetable-based soap that has a bright citrus scent to refresh and uplift the senses.
  • Satsuma essential oil moisturizes skin and provides a natural citrus fragrance.
    • Glycerin is a water soluble moisturizer that enriches foam and lather.


Scent:
It smells JUICY. Like a clementine orange but a wee bit artificial. I like the scent. Not love. It can double as a little bit of an air freshener because the scent lingers a little while after you take a shower. It doesn't stick to my skin though.

Lather:
Good. I think this lathers better than the gel.

Cleansing Power:
No complaints here.

Drying:
Just a tad. Need a moisturizer afterwards for sure.

Any cons?
Yes, it melts so quickly. I think it's because its a glycerin soap. 

Ingredients:
Sodium Palmate, Sodium Palm Kernelate, Water, Glycerin, Sorbitol, Palm Kernel Acid, Fragrance, Citrus Nobilis, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Oil, Tetrasodium EDTA, Tetrasodium Etidronate, Citrus Reticulata (Satsuma) Oil, Orange 4, Iron Oxides.

 Would I buy again? Nah, I like the scent but there isn't really anything that special about it. I'de only recommend it if you really like the scent and don't mind the drying effects.

No comments:

Post a Comment