Tuesday, February 14, 2012

The Body Shop Cocoa Butter Creamy Body Wash


I was so excited to get my hands on this! I LOVE the body butter and the body scrub so loving this would be a given...right?

The Body Shop claims:
This soap-free body wash contains real cocoa butter. It moisturises as it cleanses.
  • Moisturising
  • Leaves skin feeling soft and smooth
  • Sweet cocoa scent
Wrong.

Scent:
A big reason for me loving the others in this range was the scent. I absolutely loved the scent of the other products I tried. And they did a good job of keeping my skin in good condition.A big reason why I don't like this is the scent. It doesn't smell like the others at all, it's a mix between smelling like a baby wipe and something spicy. Not good. And it lingers on my hands all day.

Moisturization:
For some reason all the creamy ones dry my skin a tad bit more than the gels. Another no go.

Consistency:
The lather is aight. It disappears wat to quickly making it so I have to use more than normal.

Ingredients:
Aqua (Water) (Solvent/Diluent), Cocamidopropyl Betaine (Surfactant), Helianthus annuus (Sunflower Seed Oil) (Emollient), PEG-5 Cocamide (Surfactant), Sodium Laureth Sulfate (Surfactant), Coco-Glucoside (Surfactant), Glycine soja (Soybean Oil) (Emollient/Skin Conditioner), Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer (Stabiliser/Viscosity Modifier), Sodium Cocoa Butter Amphoacetate (Hair-Conditioning Agent), Acrylates/Steareth-20 Methacrylate Copolymer (Viscosity Modifier), Phenoxyethanol (Preservative), Sodium Benzoate (Preservative), Sodium Hydroxide (pH Adjuster), Glycerin (Humectant), Parfum (Fragrance), Citronellol (Fragrance Ingredient), Disodium EDTA (Chelating Agent), Linalool (Fragrance Ingredient), Tocopherol (Antioxidant), GBoeraniol (Fragrance Ingredient), Amyl Cinnamal (Fragrance Ingredient), Hydroxycitronellal (Fragrance Ingredient), Benzyl Salicylate (Fragrance Ingredient), Limonene (Fragrance Ingredient), Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone (Fragrance Ingredient), Benzyl Benzoate (Solvent), Isoeugenol (Fragrance Ingredient), Cinnamyl Alcohol (Fragrance Ingredient), Farnesol (Fragrance Ingredient), Citral (Fragrance Ingredient), Eugenol (Fragrance Ingredient), Benzyl Alcohol (Preservative), Benzyl Cinnamate (Fragrance Ingredient), CI 15985 (Colour), CI 19140 (Colour).

Recommendation:
Nope. Not at all. If they made it a tad more moisturizing and changed the scent..then yeah. Until then no. Has anyone checked out the new chocomania line? I'm dying to get my hands on The Body Butter.

No comments:

Post a Comment