Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Recipes: Zucchini Tomato Toss

I was so skeptical when I saw this recipe. Raw Zucchini? I don't have much luck when it comes to Raw vegetables. And most Zucchini recipes are a hit or miss.

I'm proud to say this was a...HIT. It was good. The tomatoes were the best part. The dressing was the next best. The flavors were just great. I think the vinegar does it's part to cook the veggies. I'm a big fan. And well know that raw veggies are ridiculously good for you.

From allrecipes.com

YUM.


"'A co-worker shared this flavorful medley of tomatoes and zucchini with me many years ago,' recalls Jan Clark of Salt Lake City, Utah. 'It's a wonderful way to use up garden produce in the summer when it's plentiful.'"



Ingredients

  • 4 cups thinly sliced zucchini
  • 2 medium tomatoes, cut into wedges
  • 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
  • 3/4 cup white wine vinegar or cider vinegar
  • 2/3 cup vegetable oil
  • 1 garlic clove, minced
  • 2 tablespoons sugar
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon dried basil
  • 1 dash pepper

Directions

  1. In a serving bowl, combine the zucchini, tomatoes and onions. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the remaining ingredients; shake well. Pour over zucchini mixture and toss gently to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Serve with a slotted spoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment