Monday, April 9, 2012

The Body Shop Buriti Baby Body Butter

 Yet another Body Butter that I can cross off my list. And yes, I'm fully aware that it is a product meant for babies. But I used Johnson's Baby Lotion for years. Sometimes they work on the bigger folks too. Anywhoo the list price is $18.00. I got it for ten. The Body Shop has excellent sales.

Body Shop claims:
The Body Shop Buriti Baby Body Butter contains buriti oil and a rich blend of naturally derived ingredients to keep baby’s skin nourished, conditioned and protected. It also includes Community Trade ingredients, including organic olive oil from Italy and organically-grown soya oil from Brazil to smooth and soften skin, aloe vera from Guatemala to soothe, and shea butter from Ghana to help protect and soften skin.

Scent:
It smells like baby wipes. The ones that are nearly unscented but not quite. I'm not a fan. It does't stick around though.

Texture:
Boy was I surprised when I opened this. The texture is unlike any of the other body butter's I have used. It looks kinda gross. The best description I have is that it looks like custard.. It's not really buttery, more of a thick lotion that is thin when you spread it in. And it absorbs very quickly, which I'm sure is good for wriggly babies.

Packaging:
Like all butter's it comes in a tub. It bothers some people because they are scared of germs. Just make sure your hands are clean before you scoop it.

Moisturization:
Yeah, it doesn't do much for my skin. It's just so thin. Maybe it really is better suited to a babies skin. I feel like I just applied something cheap to my skin. Except it was expensive. My skin just
doesn't get as soft as it should. And I feel like I have to use more, where as with the other butters a little goes a long way.

Ingredients:
Water, Aloe Barbadensis Gel, Glycerin, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Cyclomethicone, Cetearyl Alcohol, PEG-8 Beeswax, Steareth-2, Caprylyl Glycol, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Steareth-20, Mauritia Flexuosa Fruit Oil, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Xanthan Gum, Fragrance, Disodium EDTA, Citric Acid.

It's got some good stuff in it. But it DOES have chemicals. That's important to note. If I had kids I would probably opt for something all natural as their skin absorbs more than older skin. Anywhoo, I learned a lot about the Buriti Oil. Which is an important oil in South America. It comes from the tree. And it's a healing oil. Cool.

Do I recommend?
Nah, not unless you need something light and lightly fragranced. Not for me though.


1 comment: