Thursday, April 26, 2012

Slatkin Tiki Beach


This is the other candle I got when Bath and Body Works ran the two for twenty deal. I had a hard time deciding what candle to get because I like the fall/winter candle scents more. But when I sniffed this I had to have it. It smelled like what I want a beach breeze to smell like.

Slatkin says:
A tropical island blend of toasted coconut, vanilla musk and purple orchids infused with sugared berries.

So let me start off talking about all the problems I had with this candle. It burns nothing like my pineapple punch candle. The first time I had a perfect burn. The second burn it started acting up. The wicks started to look like they were about to drown and one of them did...so I was left soaking up wax with a paper towel and baby-sitting to correct it. I was about to return it but after all the babying I have "fixed" the candle. Returning is such a hastle that I would rather just try and fix it myself.

Now the scent. I was totally in love with it after sniffing it in the store.

It makes me think of this:

Unfortunately once I started burning it I realized it's a bit head-ache inducing for me.  I still like the scent, I just can't take it for too long.

It doesn't really smell like the scent description to me though, I don't get the coconut...maybe I get the berries (strawberry?) ...never smelled purple orchids...and I definitely don't get vanilla. But then again, I'm not the best at picking out individual scents.

Overall not for me, but if you like scent's like the cotton scents from BBW or beach scents...you should definitely check it out. Hopefully you get one that burns a little bit better than mine does.

No comments:

Post a Comment