Sunday, April 29, 2012

Taliah Waajid Curly Curl Cream


I was in my favorite store ,Target, looking for a new hair product. I had run out of gel and was looking for something from a line geared towards natural hair. Now, as you all know those products are pretty expensive. But this is not SO expensive. It was about seven dollars for six ounces. So it went home with me.

Taaliah Waajid claims:

Non-greasy herbal hair cream that revitalizes curls and eliminates frizz. 
Conditions and nourishes hair while adding shine and moisture. Holds hair and styles in place. Easily shampoos out with no build up.


Scent:
Long story short, I don't like the scent. It smells like a febreze scent. Now I like febreze scents, but only in my air freshener, NOT my hair.

Texture:
The texture is different from any product I've ever tried.  It's somewhere between a gel, a grease, and a cream.

Moisture:
My hair feels kinda dry when I put this on. It's as if I'm putting on dryness instead of moisture. And it's worse when I wash out because it creates tangles when I rinse in the shower. Me no likey.

Defined Curls?
Umm, if I take this product and apply it section by section, it defines aight...but my hair is crunch city. When I throw it in as a wash-n-go, this product seems to create frizz. I tried it wet and dry, adding a little and a lot. I just can't seem to get it to work for my hair.

Ingredients:
Deionized water (agua), Peg-75 Shea Butter, Sage extract, DMDM Hydantoin, Vegetable Glycerin, Burdoc Protein, Sodium Polyacrylate, Ethylhexyl, Trideceth-6 Fragrance (parfum).


For some reason I thought this product was all natural. I do like some of the ingredients and the fact that Shea Butter is listed second.

Overall, I wasn't feeling this and probably won't buy it again. The only way I'm able to get this to look somewhat decent is to put it over some Shea Butter....Have you tried any of of Taliah Waajid's products? Like them?

No comments:

Post a Comment