Saturday, May 19, 2012

The Body Shop Strawberry Soap


I've used quite a few soaps from The Body Shop. I picked this particular one  up because it was only one euro. Can't beat that when they are usually around four. In dollars that's a little over a dollar. This one is shaped like a heart...how cute!

The Body Shop claims:
A vegetable-based soap with fabulous strawberry scent which cleanses and helps condition the skin. This vegetable-based soap contains strawberry juice and contains derivatives of palm oil and glycerin.


Scent:
I've used to shower gel so I was already familiar with the scent. This is not a real strawberry scent by any means, it is more of a strawberry jello scent. It isn't strong either, a few seconds after lathering it up I can barely smell it. It doesn't stick to my skin either..


Lather:
It's nice, it lather's up pretty easily. It isn't particularly moisturizing though but it get's me nice and clean.

Ingredients:
Sodium Palmate, Sodium Palm Kernelate, Water, Glycerin, Sorbitol, Palm Kernel Acid, Fragrance, Fragaria vesca (Strawberry) Juice, Limonene, Tetrasodium EDTA, Tetrasodium Etidronate, Linalool, Citral, Red 4, Red 33.




Would I recommend?
Honestly no, it just isn't that great. Maybe for a pre-teen or young girl that loves strawberry jello but for me it was pretty underwhelming.

5 comments:

  1. I have tried this one too and wasn't fussed but I love their Coconut and Satsuma soaps, they smell amazing :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah the Strawberry wasn't that great. I remember trying the Satsuma and that one was pretty good. I'm adding the Coconut to my to try list :)

      Delete
  2. When I was younger I used to shop from the Body Shop all the time, I would like to try a few new things.
    I haven't tried this heart soap. I like Vanilla from the Body Shop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vanilla is definitely my fave scent, I've only tried the spray but I've got the shower gel to it. I didn't know there was a soap. I'll have to check it out!!

      Delete