Wednesday, July 18, 2012

The Body Shop Merry Cranberry Body Smoother


Mmm...more cranberry scented stuff from The Body Shop. I've already used and reviewed the Cranberry Shimmer lotion from the same line. I picked this up at the same time for about three euro. Can't beat that. 

The Body Shop claims:
Fruity body exfoliator with cranberry seeds, crushed walnut shell, and community trade honey.


This stuff smells just like cranberry sauce. After using it I went through the kitchen cabinet until I found a can and ate it right up. Cranberry sauce has always been my fave part of holiday dinners. Not the turkey, or the mac and cheese. I'm odd like that. The strange thing is that I love to smell this from the container and love how it lingers all over the house after I'm done showering but I don't really like the scent while I'm sudsing in the shower. 

If you've seen the more recent versions of this stuff you'll know that the packaging looks a lil' different. I like this packaging better. The new packaging is ugly.


One problem I had with this is that I'm not really sure what it's meant at. As an exfoliator it has too much gel and not enough scrubby so I ended up using it as a daily shower gel. Kinda like the ones in the drugstore that have the useless particles in them in the drugstore, but since those are mostly meant as shower gels I used this one like that too.

Lather was pretty decent and it didn't leave my skin moisturized nor dry as all the gels from TBS tend to do. The scent didn't linger on my skin either which was strange because it stuck around the bathroom and hallway awhile.

Ingredients:
Aqua, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Glycerin, Cocomydopropyl Betaine, Acrelates Copolymer, Walnut Shell Powder, Parfum, Benzyl Alchohol, Phenoxethanol, Honey,Primrose Seed, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Hydroxide, Cranberry Seed, Butyl Methoxydbenzylmethane, Benzyl Benzoate, Disodium EDTA, Linalool, Sorbitol, Cranberry Extract, Denatorium Benzoate.

Overall, it's aight...if you love Cranberry scented things than it might be worth a try but don't expect any exfoliating.



4 comments:

  1. The formula looks alot like the strawberry body polish which I use as a face scrub...I know I'm terrible.... but all the other face scrubs I have found are too grainy and rough for the sensitive skin on my face. I find something like this to be better for the job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. After reading your comment I tried it on my face lol it wasn't bad! It is a little gentler than most other scrubs and I like the smell better for my face :) I bet the strawberry smells good, i have the body butter..I haven't tried it yet but I'm always opening it to give it a sniff!

      Delete
    2. I'm glad you tired it :-)

      If I use a rough scrubs on my face, I break out :-( ewww....haha so this is really perfect for me lol

      The strawberry one smells amazing :-) A lot like the shower gel which I love too!

      Delete
    3. Lol yeah I was a little scared but no breakouts:) I'm going to have to hunt the strawberry one down. I think that one might be a little gentler than even the cranberry..mine had crushed walnut shells in it but i think the strawberry one only has strawberry seeds :)

      Delete