Thursday, August 16, 2012

The Body Shop Sweet Lemon Body Butter


Just a few days ago I reviewed the shower gel and since I had the body butter I thought I would go ahead and use them together. I think I got this for free or ten dollars. I can't remember. But I bought it over a year ago.

The Body Shop claims:
This rich and creamy Body Butter is a feast for the skin. It melts straight in to leave skin feeling soft and smooth. It contains Community Fair Trade shea butter and smells of fresh lemon.

Scent:
Now I love the scent in the shower gel but that scent doesn't really stick around so I thought that layering might help. It smells like the shower gel but at the same time it doesn't smell as good. The shower gel just seems..sweeter... don't know it's hard to explain. I still like the scent but it's not as strong as the other and doesn't really longer past about twenty minutes. There are just other scents I like better.

Texture:
Thick and Buttery..just like it should be. It say's it's for normal to dry skin and does an excellent job of moisturizing without being heavy or greasy.


Ingredients:
Water, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Glycerin, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter, PEG-100 Stearate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Cyclohexasiloxane, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Seed Oil, Lanolin Alcohol, Phenethyl Alcohol, Limonene, Bertholletia Excelsa Seed Oil, Caprylyl Glycol, Fragrance, Xanthan Gum, Citral, Disodium EDTA, Tocopherol, Sodium Hydroxide, Linalool, Caramel, Yellow 5.


Would I buy again? I really do like the scent but it just isn't strong enough. It works well enough though but for the price...I'd rather get my fave's which are the Cocoa Butter or the Almond.