Thursday, August 16, 2012

The Body Shop Sweet Lemon Body Butter


Just a few days ago I reviewed the shower gel and since I had the body butter I thought I would go ahead and use them together. I think I got this for free or ten dollars. I can't remember. But I bought it over a year ago.

The Body Shop claims:
This rich and creamy Body Butter is a feast for the skin. It melts straight in to leave skin feeling soft and smooth. It contains Community Fair Trade shea butter and smells of fresh lemon.

Scent:
Now I love the scent in the shower gel but that scent doesn't really stick around so I thought that layering might help. It smells like the shower gel but at the same time it doesn't smell as good. The shower gel just seems..sweeter... don't know it's hard to explain. I still like the scent but it's not as strong as the other and doesn't really longer past about twenty minutes. There are just other scents I like better.

Texture:
Thick and Buttery..just like it should be. It say's it's for normal to dry skin and does an excellent job of moisturizing without being heavy or greasy.


Ingredients:
Water, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Glycerin, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter, PEG-100 Stearate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Cyclohexasiloxane, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Seed Oil, Lanolin Alcohol, Phenethyl Alcohol, Limonene, Bertholletia Excelsa Seed Oil, Caprylyl Glycol, Fragrance, Xanthan Gum, Citral, Disodium EDTA, Tocopherol, Sodium Hydroxide, Linalool, Caramel, Yellow 5.


Would I buy again? I really do like the scent but it just isn't strong enough. It works well enough though but for the price...I'd rather get my fave's which are the Cocoa Butter or the Almond.

4 comments:

  1. This was the first body butter I bought...I was supposed to get the Scrub which I've heard great things about but ended up ordering the butter for some reason!

    I liked it but I expected it to be sweeter....like the lip butter.

    Its just too bitter for me :-( I will use it up the...I don;t detest it or anything :-) I prefer the mango, shea and satsuma they are my faves!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The scrub def smells better...this is muted for some reason! But I agree this one isn't that great...I had the lip butter in this too but mine didn't smell anything like lemon :( I have the mango and shea but I just haven't tried them..the satsuma scent is better than this though..ah well...I'm trying to get through mine too at the moment..then on to more exciting scents lol

      Delete
    2. Ohh good to know! I will have to pick up the scrub next time! I've been using the Papaya butter a lot at the moment, I didn't like it at first. The smell straight from the tub threw me but when I put it on my skin I really Like it!! Hehe I'm such a body butter hoarder, Its got to be a condition! :-)

      Delete
  2. Lol I've got the same condition..I have around 8 sitting on my dresser unopened and keep plotting to get more! I had the Papaya one...it smelled soooo good..and the shower gel smelled even better :)

    ReplyDelete