Monday, September 3, 2012

Aveeno Essential Moisture Lip Conditioner with SPF 15


Aveeno is one of those brands that I've always wanted to try. Mostly because it looks so neutral and boring in the adds I figure it has to work. I didn't start off with the lotion which I think is their most popular but instead with their lip balm. I paid two bucks for it. 

Aveeno claims:
This unique lip treatment provides essential long-lasting moisturization to help condition and protect dry, chapped lips. With an exclusive combination of natural oatmeal and natural skin conditioners, including jojoba oil and shea butter, it restores moisture and locks it in long after applying. It contains UVA/UVB sunscreens to protect lips from the sun and is good for daily use.

The first thing I noticed was the scent. It smells like vanilla...kinda like the vanilla lip balm from Bonnebelle. Since I'm a vanilla freak it passes my scent test. The scent doesn't stick around long though. 


The second thing I noticed was how thin it was. Personally I prefer the texture of a beeswax balm because it has a smoother texture when on. Another thing I didn't like about it was how quickly it disappeared. My lips feel dry about an hour after I put it on. There's no way it's going to hold up in the winter.

The most impressive thing was the tube...which twists from the top and not the bottom. How clever! I love when companies switch up on packaging. 

As far as ingredients go..I prefer more natural ingredients.

Ingredients:
Dimethicone (1%), Octinoxate (7.5%), Oxybenzone 5%

Inactive Ingredients: Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Flour, Beeswax (Apis Mellifera), BHT, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Capric/Caprylic Stearic Triglyceride, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Ozokerite, Beeswax (Apis Mellifera), Petrolatum, Ricinus Communis (Castor Seed) Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Stearyl Alcohol, Vanillin, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Zea Mays (Corn) Oil (Corn)


Overall, I'm not impressed.It just doesn't do much for my lips. Maybe I'll have better luck with other Aveeno products.

No comments:

Post a Comment