Monday, September 3, 2012

Yankee Candle Vanilla Satin Housewarmer Jar

Excuse that picture...I could have taken a better one. Anyway, I've had this candle since last Christmas. I bought it for around twelve bucks which is a great price considering they are $28.00. 

Yankee Candle claims:
Sophisticated.. Classic. A smooth blend of rich vanilla, romantic flowers and sensuous sandalwood. 


So when I first bought this, I knew I didn't like the scent. I guess it's the cedar that brought on a headache every time I sniffed it. I figured it would be better lit...which it is!

It smells like a warm, sweet, yummy, vanilla. I LOVE the scent. The only problem is the scent is kind of light. It takes a few hours for it to build up...but once it get's going, it's great.

This is my third jar candle and probably my last (well after the balsam and cedar one I have). I hate that this candle is pretty much guaranteed to tunnel unless I put a ton of aluminum foil around it.

So overall, love the scent but I just wouldn't go for the jar size.

4 comments:

  1. I love vanilla too, but it's hard to find one which smells nice. You were lucky with the scent, alhough you weren't completely satisfied.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True, most vanilla's smell like wax or plasticky but this one did smell great...I think I might try it in another form though. I just hate their jar candles though but the actual candle smells yummy.

      Delete
  2. I've never bought a Yankee Candle they seem way too expensive, I don't mind hinting about them too family members for birthday prezzies though hehe I smelt one once and I think it was called "French Vanilla" or something similar and it had an ice cream cone on the picture, It smelt gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are too expensive. The only way I could afford them was with a ten dollar off coupon :) I smelled the French Vanilla one and it did smell great! Lol hopefully you get some as gifts for Christmas or for your birthday!

      Delete