Monday, September 10, 2012

Pantene Relaxed and Natural Daily Oil Cream Moisturizer


I'm sure everyone has heard of this by now. It came out when I was in high school and I was duped into buying the whole line back then. Of course my hair was relaxed back then, but it did show a girl with natural hair and straight hair and her hair was on point. Back then there was more to the line though..I think there was an oil mist and some blow dry lotion (water). Obviously the packaging has changed...I have the old school packaging since it was given to me. But it's super cheap at around four bucks for around 10.5 ounces.

Pantene claims:
Your Hair is Defended against Future Damage and Is Transformed into Resilient Healthy
  • With jojoba and coconut oils, the formula infuses hair with rich moisture and radiant shine
  • Helps women of color achieve a healthy look by defending against damage
  • Gentle enough for chemically-relaxed or natural African-American hair
  • Long lasting results
Pantene’s deep replenishing Relaxed & Natural Daily Oil Cream Moisturizer formula for African American hair is enriched with essential oils and moisturizing conditioners.
Nourishing Oils to Nourish and Protect African American Hair
Moisturizing oils nourish & help protect hair.  For dry hair that's prone to breakage - especially those with naturally curly, African-American, or Latina hair - this collection is designed to leave hair moisturized, strong, and manageable.  Gentle enough for chemically treated hair.
Get Hair so Healthy it Shines
Fueled by science, Pantene helps transform the hair you have into the hair you want.  Each collection is specially designed to give your hair exactly what it needs to achieve the beautiful results you want.



So..I'm going to start with my first issue with this product. IT STINKS! It smells like a mix between funky armpits and really nauseating perfume. Ugh, my stomach hurts just thinking about the smell.

My next issue is that Pantene just rolled two different hair types into ONE product. Since when do relaxed hair and natural hair need the same things?

And last, this stuff doesn't moisturize anything. My hair feels just as dry as it did before. And when I used it while I was relaxed it made my hair greasy. Hmm.

And the fact that the Pantene for women of color comes in brown bottle is extra lame.

Can you tell I hate this stuff?

Ingredients:
Water, Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum), Glycerin, Petrolatum, Cetearyl Alcohol, Disetyl Phosphate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Isodecyl Oleate, Sorbitan Stearate, Frangrance, Panthenol,Panthenyl Ethyl Ether, Cocos Nucifera Oil (Coconut),, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil (Jojoba), Lysine HCl, Methyl Tyrosinate HCl, Histidine,Parrafin, Triethanolamine, PEG 100 Stearate, Glyrceryl Stearate, Methylparaben, Phenoxyethanol, Disodium EDTA, Propylparaben.


I reccomend not touching this stuff with a ten-foot pole. That's just my two cents.

No comments:

Post a Comment