Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Burt's Bees Refreshing Lip Balm with Pink Grapefruit

When I saw this one the website I had to have it. I really like Burt's lip balms especially the Beeswax ones. I paid about three bucks for this which is a fair price because the ingredients are all natural. It has disappeared off the website..I sure hope they aren't discontinuing them!



Burt's Bees claims:
A revitalizing experience, Refreshing Lip Balm with Pink Grapefruit by Burt's Bees contains nutritious oil from the seeds of tropical Pink Grapefruit, which are rich in powerful Vitamins C and E. Your lips will be left feeling refreshed and moisturized with a delicious sweet citrus flavor. Featured Ingredient: Pink Grapefruit Oil - Uplifting, cleansing and clearing. Stimulating to the lymphatic system and toning to the skin.

So I'll start off with the smell. It smells like Pink Grapefruit...and pretty authentic. It kinda smells like the butter in the same scent from The Body Shop. Nice scent.

I love the texture of this...I almost thought it had Beeswax.(which I like in lip balms). It's thicker than the Mango and Pomegranate and it lasts longer. It feels kind of protecting.

The ingredients are pretty good too...it has mostly natural ingredients in it too which is good because I always end up swallowing some. It's better to swallow natural ingredients than chemical.

Ingredients:
Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Cera Alba (Beeswax, Cire D¿abeille), Aroma (Flavor)*, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Lanolin, Citrus Paradisi (Grapefruit) Seed Oil, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Tocopherol, Ammonium Glycyrrhizate, Canola Oil (Huile De Colza), Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Limonene. *Natural Flavor.

Overall, I really like it. Not more than the Beeswax one but this is a close second! I really hope they aren't discontinuing it. Give it a try!!

2 comments:

  1. I recently made a small Burt's Bees lip balm collection because I fell in love with them. Haven't tried this one yet though! I love the mango one, hated the pomegranate! Smelt awful to me!
    I find that Burts Bee's is Hit or Miss scent wise. They do make incrediable lip balms though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do! I love that they are mostly natural. My faves are this one and the beeswax one :) I also really wanna try the honey one! I need to branch out and try something besides the lip balms lol The only one I really couldn't stand was the Acai berry one. Blech!

      Delete