Monday, November 5, 2012

Neutrogena Norwegian Formula Hand Cream


The cold rainy season is here in Germany and my hands are suffering. Both of my jobs dry out my hands like crazy and I'm not fond of having ashy, dry, hands so I bought this. It was about three bucks. Not a bad price. I've certainly paid more for hand creams.

Neutrogena claims:
Neutrogena Norwegian Formula® Hand Cream delivers effective relief for dry, chapped hands. It is so concentrated that only a small amount instantly leaves dry hands noticeably softer and smoother after just one application. Used daily, it helps prevent dry, chapped skin - even under the harshest of conditions.
It started with Norwegian fishermen.  Faced with some of the harshest, coldest weather on earth, they used a formula that delivers concentrated levels of glycerin to dry, chapped skin providing immediate and lasting relief.  Five years of independent clinical testing confirm what the fishermen knew all along - Norwegian Formula® Hand Cream consistently outperforms other products.  Today, the Norwegian Formula product line includes a variety of body, hand and foot moisturizers to meet your individual dry skin needs.
Just a little goes a long way.  This 2 oz. tube contains over 200 applications.



I'll start off with the texture. This is not a cream, it's more like petroleum jelly or vaseline. It works better at softening and protecting my hands than vaseline does though. It creates an almost sticky protective layer that really prevents my hands from getting dry and chapped looking in the cold weather or even when I'm just touching a bunch of papers at work. Because of the barrier it creates I wouldn't recommend it for normal conditions. For my purposes it works like a charm.

The tube itself is pretty small which is perfect for sticking in your purse. They claim it has over 200 applications but I think Neutrogena was being a little overzealous with that claim. Even so you only need a little bit to get the job done, too much and you'll be rubbing for a little while to get the white streaks to disappear.


This comes in the a fragrances and also a fragrance-free version. I bought the one with scent. I actually like the scent, it's light and smells appropriate for a hand cream.

It last's for quite awhile and I think even remains on through a hand washing or two but I like to reapply anyway though.
I haven't been brave enough to try it on my face which doesn't get that dry anyway, I'm scared it will clog my pores. It will work on knees, elbows, and lips in a pinch though.

Ingredients:
Water, Glycerin, Cetearyl Alcohol, Stearic Acid, Sodium Cetearyl Sulfate, Methylparaben, 
Propylparaben, Dilauryl Thiodipropionate, Sodium Sulfate, Fragrance (Parfum)

The ingredients aren't good, and I will admit there are hand creams that have much better things in them.


Overall, I'de recommend it but only for extremely dry hands. Have you tried it? Do you have a fave hand cream?

No comments:

Post a Comment