Monday, October 22, 2012

Origins Clear Improvement Active Charcoal Mask

Sometimes you just need to splurge on yourself..and this was my splurge. This mask cost me twenty bucks. I justified this by telling myself that  3.4 ounces would last me a year etc. Plus I had been wanting to try something by Origins for awhile.


Origin's claims:

When environmental toxins, dirt and debris get under your skin, its waste-filtering system gets jammed, pores get clogged, skin looks cloudy. Nature's complexion clean-up crew gets to the bottom of skins overcast condition and clears the way for it to act its best. Activated Charcoal acts like a magnet to draw out deep-dwelling pore-cloggers, White China Clay absorbs environmental toxins, Lecithin dissolves impurities. Without all that "stuff" down there, skin "breathes a sigh of relief."

HOW TO USE: Once a week or as often as needed, open pores with warm, moist towel and layer mask on. Allow to dry, rinse well. Watch your skin shake off the shroud of dullness and take on a new clarity.



The first time I saw a charcoal mask was on Etsy. I've never places an order on Etsy but when I found out that Origins had one I figured I would try that one first. The only use I know of for charcoal is to barbecue steaks and hamburgers. So I had to try it out!

So the first disappointment was that I thought Origin products were all natural. A quick look at the ingredient list told me otherwise. Now it does have some good stuff in it but it's definitely not all natural.

The actual product itself it a blue-black mask. I've never used such a dark colored mask and I almost felt like I was in black face every time I would glance at the mirror. It spreads on pretty easily. But then after a few minutes my face stings...it's not a horrible sensation but definitely not pleasant. I would rather the mask not do that.

The mask is mainly for clearing pores and chasing the dullness away. Honestly I don't notice that much difference in my skin. And I've been using this for a while now. The most it does for me is to get rid of these little bumps I have my nose and make my skin a little smoother for about a day or two. I definitely feel like there are mask's out there that will do the same for a lot less money.


Oh yeah, one more thing I notice is that once this stuff dries...you won't be able to move your face. That's not a bad thing and it doesn't flake at all. This makes my skin a tad bit dry. I have combination skin but I would not use this is my skin were dry. It doesn't really say how long to leave it on but I leave it for about ten to forty minutes. (I get lazy)

Ingredients:

water, myrtle leaf water, kaolin, bentonite,butylene glycol, montmorrilonite, polysorbate-20,npeg 100 stearate, charcoal powder, xanthum gum, lecithin, peg 150, distearate, propylene glycol stearate, sorbitan laurate, glycerin, propylene glycol, laurate,simethicone, caprylyl glycol, ethylhexylglycerin, hexylene glycol, trisodium edta, dehydroacetic acid, phenoxyethanol




Overall, not a repurchase or even a recommendation. I'll finish up the bottle though. 

Have you tried a charcoal mask? Would you?

No comments:

Post a Comment