Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Yankee Candle Pumpkin Pie Tart

I know it's a little late for this but check out the Pumpkin my sister painted. He's supposed to be a ghost.


Cute, huh?

Kinda reminds me of a boy I used to date. (I joke, I joke!)

I made him into a pumpkin pie. The very first that I have ever had. I gotta say it was good, but I'm a sweet potato pie type of girl.  

Speaking of pumpkin pie...I've got a tart by Yankee Candle. I bought this last year and decided to burn it for Thanksgiving. Only I was a bit late and didn't burn it until a few days after. It's still November, right?


Yankee Candle claims:
Sweet pumpkin, nutmeg, molasses, cinnamon, and a hint of apple in a buttery crust.

This smells a little different from the pie I made. In my opinion, pumpkin doesn't really have a scent so what your smelling is the spices. This is a little heavier on the cinnamon than I'd like and I wish it had a tad more vanilla. I really like that I can smell the pie crust too (often the best part of pie). Other than that, it's a nice scent. I give it an 8.5.

The problem is that it isn't strong. My room is small and this scent was light. I wanted something stronger. It's probably the weakest I've tried in terms of throw from Yankee.

Overall, it's a nice one to burn over the holidays. If it was stronger I could definitely see this being a repurchase for holidays.

Have you tried it?


1 comment: