Thursday, December 27, 2012

Simple Moisturizing Facial Wash



After putting my skin through hell- with Aveeno facial wash- I wanted something...well...simple. So I picked this up.  Plus I had a dollar off coupon making this $3.99 instead of $4.99. Unfortunately I didn't really like it and I'll tell you why.

Simple claims:

Our Moisturizing Facial Wash leaves your skin thoroughly cleansed and nourished, plus it's a perfect blend of our purest possible skin loving ingredients with added vitamins.

SIMPLE GOODNESS2 ADDED VITAMINS   PRO-VITAMIN B5 known to help restore, soften and smooth   VITAMIN E known to moisturize to improve skin condition1 SKIN LOVING INGREDIENT   BISABOLOL helps soothe and calmNO DYESNO ARTIFICIAL PERFUMESNO HARSH IRRITANTS to upset skin


Ok, so right off the bat, I noticed the ingredient list is not as Simple as one might think. It has all kinds of chemical ingredients. Definitely not what I expected.

The texture is different from any facial wash that I have ever used. It's a SUPER thick gel, that won't move from where you squeeze it out at. 

It foams up nicely and I think that it does a good job of cleaning my skin.

The problem is that after I wash my face, it's DRY.  Painfully dry. And this claims to be moisturizing. The second time I used this I noticed nasty looking dry patches on my face. I like a cleanser that if I want, I can possible skip moisturizer. I could not with this. I don't even think I can get away with using this in the summer, it's that drying.

Another thing,  it doesn't do much for breakouts. I sitll had a problem in my chin area but not my cheeks. The good news is that it is so drying it will dry the blemishes out almost immediately.

It isn't a scented product but it still has a smell. Almost chemical like.

Ingredients:
Water (Aqua, Eau), Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Decyl Glucoside, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, PEG-55 Propylene Glycol Oleate, Propylene Glycol, Panthenol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Bisabolol, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Oil, Pelargonium Graveolens Oil, Glycol Distearate, Sodium Hydroxymethylglycinate, Polyquaternium-39, Laureth-10, Cocamide MEA, Sodium Chloride, PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Disodium EDTA, Dipropylene Glycol, Methylparaben.

Overall, I don't recommend it. Not for dry or oily skin. Try something else. Anything else.

No comments:

Post a Comment