Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Bath and Body Works Twisted Peppermint

So I only bought this because it has THE CUTEST picture of a snowman on the cover ever!

It looks way different than most of the packaging for this one look. The other one has a candy cane and was pink. And that was cute too...but nowhere near as cute as this is.

Slatkin:
Merry Mint-mas! Candy canes go wild with bright and merry notes of vanilla and sugary musk in this cheer-filled holiday 

I'm no stranger to mint and vanilla candles. Last year I had Yankee Candle's North Pole candle. While I loved the way that one smelled, the scent throw left a lot to be desired. 

I actually like the way the North pole smelled a little better.

The scent on this is strong. The first time I lit it, the scent came bursting out of my room, through the hallway..and upstairs. It's mellowed out a little bit since that first burn though. You can definitely light this one in a bigger room. And I find that the scent tends to linger for about a day after I burn it.

The performance on this is pretty good too. It takes a while but it will burn to the edges. It's another slow burner...not as slow as my Marshmallow Fireside but it burns a decent amount of time.

But back to the scent. For me, it could have more vanilla in it. It just smells kinda like candy canes. Which is not a bad scent. In fact, it's kinda head clearing....(I can see clearer now the rain is gone..isn't that a song?) 

As with all Slatkin candles, it is made out of vegetable wax.

Overall, it's just...well...nice. I probably wouldn't buy it again..but I'll enjoy burning this one down.

No comments:

Post a Comment