Sunday, January 27, 2013

The Body Shop Strawberry Body Butter


I've used many many body butters. It's kinda weird that I'm only just now reviewing the strawberry one. I mean, strawberries are my favorite food. I ate about seven containers just these past couple of days. In fact, I'm eating some right now. See?



The Body Shop claims:


This rich and creamy Body Butter is a feast for the skin. It melts straight in to leave skin feeling soft and smooth. It contains Community Fair Trade shea butter and has a sweet strawberry scent.


    I paid around ten bucks for this. Remember to always wait for a sale when your buying from The Body Shop...

    Now let's talk scent. It's not an authentic strawberry scent (and who would know better than me?) It's a more of a Strawberry candy scent. Kinda like Strawberry Mentos. But I really really like it. Could be my thrid favorite scent from Body Shop.  And the scent sticks to you for 1-2 hours after you apply.


    This particular body butter is geared towards normal skin. But I think it might work on dry skin because it's so thick. It sinks in pretty easily though and keeps my skin nice and hydrated and soft all day.

    Of course you may have noticed they changed the packaging and I have the old packaging. I can't decide which is cuter. What do you think?

    Ingredients:
    Aqua (Solvent/Diluent), Butyrospermum Parkii (Skin-Conditioning Agent/Emollient), Cycomethicone, Glycerin (Humectant), , Theobroma Cacao Seed Butter (Emollient), Glyceryl Stearate (Emulsifier), PEG-100 Stearate (Surfactant),  Cetearyl Alcohol (Emulsifier), Lanolin Alcohol (Stabiliser/Emollient), Phenoxyethanol (Preservative), Parfum (Fragrance), Methylparaben (Preservative), Propylparaben,  Xanthan Gum (Viscosity Modifier),  Fragaria chiloensis Oil (Strawberry Seed Oil, Fragaria Ananassa Seed Oil (Strawberry Seed Oil) (Natural Additive), Vitamin E, Benzyl Alcohol (Preservative), Disodium EDTA (Chelating Agent), Limonene (Fragrance Ingredient), Sodium Hydroxide (pH Adjuster), Cinnamal (Fragrance Ingredient), Rosemary Leaf Extract,, Linalool,  Citral, Caramel, Red 4


    Overall, It's not bad. Especially at the sale price. It's probably in my top five actually....

    Tried it? Like it?

    No comments:

    Post a Comment