Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Avalon Organics Nourishing Lavender Shampoo and Conditioner


I have been trying to use more organic products in my life. The only problem is that's easier said than done. Truthfully, I probably only use about one organic product per year. Mainly because organic natural products are more expensive and a little harder to find. This was nicely priced. I paid a little more than four bucks per item. Not too bad.

Avalon claims:
Shampoo
Gentle plant-derived cleansers enriched with nurturing Wheat ProteinBabassu OilVitamin EAloe andLavender carefully nourish each hair strand for smooth, healthy-looking results.

Conditioner
Gentle plant-derived cleansers enriched with nurturing Wheat ProteinBabassu OilVitamin EAloe andLavender carefully nourish each hair strand for smooth, healthy-looking results.

Since I've been on a Lavender kick, I thought I would try this. Lavender is a nice relaxing smell and I wouldn't mind my hair smelling of it.

So I'll talk shampoo first. The shampoo is very thin and watery...but it makes a good lather. My only problem is that it smells like Lavender cleaning product. More like something I would mop my hair with than want my hair to smell like.

It doesn't dry my hair out, in fact my hair feels really moisturized when I got to rinse this out.

Now let's talk conditioner. The conditioner doesn't have that much scent. I suppose it's conditioning my hair but if it is I can't really tell. The texture is nice and thick..but it doesn't have much slip so I don't like detangling with it.

It doesn't really leave much scent in my hair. I can only smell it if I put my hair directly under my nose. I was hoping for a more lingering smell.

Shampoo Ingredients:
Water (Purified), Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Disodium Cocoamphodiacetate, Sodium Cocoyl Sarcosinate, Coconut Acid, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Flower (Organic) (Lavender), Calendula (Calendula Officinalis) Flower, Chamomilla Recutita (Chamomile) Flower (Chamomile), Beta Glucan (Oat Flour) (Oat), Babassuamidopropalkonium Chloride, Vegetable Glycerin, Bisabolol (L-Alpha) (Chamomile), Ethylhexl Glycerin, Arginine HCl (Amino Acid), Panthenol (Pro-Vitamin B5), Tocopherol (Natural Vitamin E) (Vitamin E), Lavandula Officinalis (Lavender) Oil (Lavender), Other Essential Oils

Conditioner Ingredients:
ater (Purified), Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Oil, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Stearic Acid, Stearyl Alcohol, Cetrimonium Chloride, Polysorbate 60, Soyamidopropalkonium Chloride (Soybean Oil), Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Flower, Chamomilla Recutita (Chamomile) Flower Extract, Beta Glucan (Oat Flour) (Oat), Babassuamidopropalkonium Chloride, Bisabolol (L-Alpha) (chamomile), Sodium Chloride, Arginine HCl (amino acid), Orbigyna Oleifera Seed Oil (Organic) (Babassu), Ethylhexl Glycerin, Tocopherol (Natural Vitamin E) (vitamin E), Panthenol (pro-vitamin B5), Organic Lavandula Angustifolia Oil, Other Essential Oils

Overall, it's not bad...but then again it doesn't really rock my socks. 

Overall,probably wouldn't repurchase and I don't really recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment