Wednesday, February 27, 2013

The Body Shop Chocomania Body Butter



This came out last year for Valentines day and as soon as I saw it I ordered it. Unfortunately I had a ton of butters to go through so I didn't get to it until just now. I paid around ten bucks for it because I got it in a sale.

The Body Shop claims:
This decadently chocolatey Body Butter gives extra long-lasting hydration. It contains 13 Community Fair Trade ingredients – the most we’ve ever put into one product. It leaves skin sweetly scented, and feeling softer and smoother. Provides 48-hour hydration Leaves skin feeling softer and smoother Buttery texture Quickly absorbed Indulgent chocolate scent


Chocolate is a hard scent to pull off. I have smelled many a chocolate products that were horrible. I'm happy to say this is not one of them.

It smells like a homemade chocolate chocolate cake with ooey gooey chocolate frosting on top.


And a little hint of Amber.

Smells great, tastes nasty. I didn't taste it (although I have been known to do that). It's just I read a lot of reviews talking about the taste. And it's true, if you happen to get some on your fingers, which is bound to happen, and somehow you end up with your fingers in your mouth, it does taste pretty nasty. Kind of a chemical taste.

The scent is not as strong as some of the other butters. For example when I use Strawberry that scents my entire room. But it does stick to the skin for about two hours. I've been using it with the Vanilla Perfume Oil. They go together perfectly. Makes you smell almost edible.

This one is a little different than other butters because it claims 48 hours instead of the usual 24. I bathe everyday so I can't really tell you if that's true. It does last until my next shower.

Oh yeah, and I love the packaging. I really like the heart-shaped almond dipped in chocolate. 

The texture is pretty thick but it goes on smoothly and sinks in pretty nice.


Ingredients
Aqua (Solvent/Diluent), Butyrospermum Parkii (Skin-Conditioning Agent/Emollient), Glycine Soja Oil (Emollient/Skin Conditioner), Mel (Natural Additive), Sucrose (Flavoring Agent), Theobroma Cacao Seed Butter (Emollient), Orbignya Oleifera Seed Oil (Emollient), Cetearyl Alcohol (Emulsifier), Glyceryl Stearate (Emulsifier), PEG-100 Stearate (Surfactant), Cocos Nucifera Oil (Emollient/Hair Conditioner), Bertholletia Excelsa Seed Oil (Emollient), C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate (Emulsifier), Caprylyl Glycol (Skin Conditioning Agent), Cera Alba (Emulsifier/Emollient), Ethylhexyl Palmitate (Skin Conditioning Agent), Sesamum Indicum Seed Oil (Skin-Conditioning Agent), Parfum (Fragrance), Dimethicone (Skin Conditioning Agent), Olea Europaea Fruit Oil (Emollient), Sclerocarya Birrea Seed Oil (Skin Conditioning Agent), Xanthan Gum (Viscosity Modifier), Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice (Skin Conditioning Agent), Disodium EDTA (Chelating Agent), Linalool (Fragrance Ingredient), Sodium Hydroxide (pH Adjuster), Limonene (Fragrance Ingredient), Coumarin (Fragrance Ingredient), Denatonium Benzoate (Denaturant), Citral (Fragrance Ingredient), Citric Acid (pH Adjuster), Caramel (Colour), CI 15985 (Colour), CI 14700 (Colour).

Overall, it's definitely a product I have to be in the mood for. But if you love chocolate and your looking for a nice chocolate scented product, I would recommend it.


2 comments:

  1. Ohh this sounds lush! I've been staying away from The Body Shop for awhile just because I wanted to get through everything I bought from them last year!

    You must smell amazing hun, using this and the vanilla oil!

    Funny how it tastes chemically, wouldn't suspect that from the body shop :-(

    I'll have to have a sneaky look in store to smell it one day soon! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do go very well together :) Like a sugar cookie extra chocolate cake!!! But after about two hours the chocolate smell disappears...


      Let me know what you think!!! I kinda want to try the soap..and the scrub...and the lip butter...MMMMmmmm.

      Delete