Monday, February 25, 2013

Lush Magic Wand Reusable Bubble Bar

Today I have another Lush review for you!!


It's Magic Wand (as I'm sure you gathered from the title.)

I got this one in the Christmas sale so it was Buy 1, Get 1. So  paid around five bucks. This particular one is the US/Canada one.

Lush claims:
The magic of this version is that you can wave your wand under the water until you have the amount of bubbles you want – then you just stash it somewhere safe to dry off, ready for when you next bath.
We’ve included pink ribbon and a bell, because if you are going to wave your wand, then you need some added drama and special effects!
You should get several baths from this, depending on how much bubbly magic you want in your bath.  Each one will leave you smelling of candy floss and pear drops. Baths don’t get more yummy or more girly than this.  

The idea of this product is cute. And if your familiar with Lush products this is supposed to be their popular product shower gel Snow fairy in bubble bath form. I have never smelled Snow Fairy..so I wouldn't know. I do know that the soap The Godmother is also supposed to be the same scent. Which is a cotton candy scent.

And it is a very candy like scent. Unfortunately, I don't like it. It's too candyish. And when I put it in the water it smells like like cough syrup and candy. 

So basically you take the wand swirl it in the tub while it's filling up and make a wish. I made a wish. I don't think it's going to come true and unfortunately I can't tell you what it is because it will definitely not come true. Can't have that!!

It's stronger smelling than the Bubblebeard Wand I had, but not by much. It doesn't really linger or fill up the bathroom. And I didn't notice the scent sticking to my skin (which is a good thing!)

My favorite thing about it was that it turned my bath water a very pale pink color. I have never had pink bath water so I was all excited and called my Mom and sister in to have a look. 


This is the bar after two uses. I don't think it's going to last several baths..more like three to five depending on how much you use. 

Oh yeah, and it makes decent bubbles (if you use enough) but they disappear very quickly. I would say within five to ten minutes.


I like how it makes the water feel soft and my skin certainly is not dry after taking a bath in it.

Ingredients:
Sodium Carbonate, Cream of Tartar, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Glycerine, Lauryl Betaine, Perfume, Titanium Dioxide, Cocamide DEA, Synthetic Musk, Mathyl Lonone, Benzyl Benzoate, Colour

Overall, I really wasn't that impressed. I think this might be ideal for a young girl. I just felt too old for the scent. 

I have one more reusable bubble bar to go. Hopefully that one will impress me!

2 comments:

  1. I've heard so much about this and Snow Fairy, sorry that you didn't find it that great. I have a feeling some Lush products are just way to over hyped which just gets you disappointed in the long run. Next time I go near a store though I'll be having a sniff of this to see what its like! Another Great Post hun xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you smell it let me know how you like it :)

      It seems most things people love I don't. But that maybe it, I was thinking these products were going to be amazing because of all the raves I've read on the product. I'm just hoping that out of all the things I got from them I love at least one.

      Delete