Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Lush Mr. Punch Soap


If you google this soap, you know I didn't get a very pretty piece. They gave me the corner piece....without any of the floating soap fruit in it. And I hate the corner piece because it's hard to cut it into nice square or rectangular pieces.

This particular soap came from Lush UK.

Lush claims:
Here we come a wassailing with our summer punch soap of juniper berries, gin, blackcurrant absolute and lime oil.
What would happen if you left a bowl of punch from your summer garden party out on the lawn in the freezing winter?  Well, Mr Punch would happen, that’s what – a bowl of fruity punch frozen in time!  

Chunks of boozy fruit soaps in suspended animation, waiting for you to unleash the melon, cucumber and fruity fragrance notes as you wash under warm water.
This soap looks so good it would make a great centrepiece table decoration at any Christmas or New Year event.  Buy one whole for the whole family or simply treat yourself to a 100g slice of summer.


I was very curious about this scent because of the gin. I've never smelled gin before but this scent is very boozy. Which is a good thing if you like drinking. I do smell the black current in it and the general fruitiness. I'm not a big fan of the scent though.


The scent from the actual bar is pretty strong. I set this on my desk and had to move it in the middle of the night because the smell kept waking me up throughout the night.

But while the bar is strong, the scent is shy in the shower. It has the same problem as the Bohemian soap. I can barely smell it unless I hold it close to my nose. And it doesn't leave any scent on my skin.

It has little juniper berries in it which is kinda cool. Then again, they don't really serve any purpose except for being cute. The color of the soap is really nice too. I think it's the same color as The Godmother. 

I find that this melts very fast too. I tried to cut it into pieces but it still doesn't last very long. And one other thing..the lather is a bit lacking. I don't understand how that can be because it has Sodium Lauryl Sulfate in it which is a bubbling agent.

Ingredients:
Water, Proplene Glycol, Rapeseed and Coconut Oil, Sodium Stearate, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Perfume, Gin, Juniper Berries, Juniper Berry Oil, Black Current Absolute, Lime Oil, Glycerine, Sodium Chloride, EDTA, Tetrasodium Etidronate, Sodium Hydroxide, Geraniol, Cotronellol, Limonene, Linalool, Titanium Dioxide, Gardenia Extract, Colour


Overall, I think it's overpriced and unscented. I usually associate glycerin soaps with being cheap anyway.  (Except this is not cheap) No recommendation. But if you find you must have it, this soap is only available at Christmas.

Next up, Honey I Washed The Kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment