Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Urban Decay Naked Palette



I'm finally ready to write my review of Urban Decay's Naked Palette. I've had it for almost three months now..plenty of time to really use the shadows and tell you what I think.

Urban Decay claims:
A universally flattering palette that features 12 eye shadows with a distinctly Urban look.

What it does:
This long, lean, and seductive case comes packed with 12 gorgeous neutrals that work for absolutely everyone. Shades range from delicate champagne to gritty gunmetal, and feature five stunning new shades. A variety of textures, including glitter, shimmer, and matte, ensure that you'll never get bored. This versatile palette can go from office appropriate to a night on the town. The mirrored case also features a new professional-quality, cruelty-free Good Karma Eyeshadow Brush, plus a travel-size Eyeshadow Primer Potion in original formula
.

So, I'll start with packaging. I really love the packaging. It has a velvet feel and feels high-end, as it should since it is fifty bucks.

You get twelve eye-shadows...most of them are glittery. So if you don't like glitter this may not be the palette for you. I LOVE glitter, so that wasn't a problem for me.

All the shades are extremely pigmented. And I was scared the lighter shades would be chalky..but nope!

The best thing about this palette is that you have all these neutral shades in one palette, Because of that I find myself reaching for it EVERY day. No lie.

So I'll review the shades individually.





Virgin- Light glitter. Very pale, almost white color that is not chalky. I would use it as a highlight but since it's so pigmented it takes forever to blend out. 

Sin- A more champagne type of color. Very similar to Virgin but with more glitter.

Naked- One of my favorites. It's a matte shadow that looks great with any other matte color in the crease.

Sidecar- Sin's darker cousin. 



Buck- Butterscotch matte shade...one I use a LOT!

Half-Baked- Very impressive yellow gold.

Smog- Perfect for days I'm in a rush and only have time to throw on one color!

Darkhorse- Brown Brown that works great as a crease color. Sometimes I wish it was Matte though. I like using this all over my lid too...adds a little depth.


Toasted- Another one lid color for me. Pair this with a bright lip and I'm good to go!

Hustle- Shimmery Purple Brown. I love this color!!

Creep- Soft black with Shimmer. I don't really use this that often. Not sure why!

Gunmetal- Last but not least. I love these grey types of colors Urban Decay does. A fave for sure.


Many of the colors are pretty similar but I don't mind. Sometimes the subtle differences make all the difference in your finished make-up!

It comes with Urban Decay's Primer Potion. It's a small size but it will last forever! I like the potion. It's much better than not priming at all!

 Click here for a review I did on it!


And last but not least...the brush! It's a nice brush. Supposedly it's worth $26. I would never pay that much for it. It's good for all over lid color but like I said not worth $26. My Ecotools brush is similar but a LOT cheaper....

Overall, I really love my Naked palette and I want the second one!!! I would definitely recommend it if you don't have a bunch of similar colors in your collection!!

2 comments:

  1. I love this palette too hun, I've worn at least one shade from it everyday for well over a year. It's just become such an essential! I want to Naked 2 palette and also the Naked Basics :-) I'm obsessed! hehe xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thats what I love about it :) It's so convenient to have all the shades in one palette and I actually do use it every day too!!

      I want the Naked 2 also :) I'll be looking out for a review if you do get it though.

      I haven't heard much about the basics palette. Hmmm lol

      Delete