Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Lush Ayesha Fresh Face Mask




Before I get into the review, I just want to tell you one of the MOST embarrassing things that has ever happened to me. I was picking my sister up from the bus stop...with a mask on my face. A dark blue charcoal mask. Why would I leave the house with a mask on? Well, I had just finished painting my nails and I didn't want to smudge it by washing my face. I had taken great precautions to not be seen. I looked out the window and waited for the mail lady to disappear into her car and head down the road. I walked to my car facing the house so the construction people wouldn't see me. I ducked when a man walked past the car. I did all this, only to see my sister asking the neighborhood kids if they wanted a ride. I tried to shake my head, but to no avail. I'm pretty sure that the kids thought I had some sort of face disease until they realized it was a mask. 

Anyway, now that I've got my story out...on with the review!

Lush claims:
Named after the fictional priestess who bathed in the flame of immortality, Ayesha is a blend of tightening and toning ingredients to refresh tired looking skin. We use elderflowers and vitamin C-rich kiwi fruit to brighten dull spots, asparagus to mop up excess oils and honey for soothing sore or red areas. Ten minutes with this witch hazel and kiwi fruit mask and you’ll see why-sallow looking areas are transformed into bright, glowing skin.

  • Perfect for mature skin: Ayesha (temporarily) tightens things up and gives you that gorgeous, youthful glow.
  • When the clock strikes twelve: Ayesha’s effects last long enough for a night out on the town!
  • A magical brew: We use witch hazel in Ayesha for its potent antibacterial and soothing action.

I love the concept of a face mask that must be refrigerated and lasts only a few weeks. Basically that means it contains fresh ingredients. Very fresh ingredients. And I like that. These are probably the next best thing to making your own masks...which I will do someday!

This mask is basically marketed towards aging skin since it claims to tighten the skin temporarily. My skin is not aging but I wanted to try it anyway. It has some ingredients I was interested in, such as the kiwi which is supposed to be good for brightening and asparagus which is good for oily skin.

So, let's talk scent. It smells herbal. Kind of like what vegetable would smell like if they sweat. Seriously. It's not a terrible smell, but it isn't the best thing I've ever smelled in my life. No worries though, I don't use face masks for their scent.

It has chunks of what I assume are vegetables, so it's not completely smooth. The actual mask itself is a pale green color. I noticed mine getting watery so I try to mix it in a little before I apply on my face.

One of my favorite things about it is that it's cold when I put on. So it's very refreshing. I think I might start keeping all my masks in the refrigerator! 

So what did it do for my skin?

No tightening. And I had my mom try it just be sure. But what I do notice is that my skin looks healthier...maybe a bit brighter, fresher, and smoother. And it sucks up all my oil giving me a more matte complexion for a few days.

I paid almost fourteen bucks for this mask but if you live in the States it's about seven dollars and in the UK it's about six pounds which is much more affordable.

I've used it about four or five times and still have a good amount left though. I don't apply a thick layer though.

Ingredients:
Fullers Earth, Honey, Elderflower and Limeflower Decoction, Glycerine, Fresh Asparagus, Fresh Kiwi Fruit, Kaolin, Witch Hazel Extract, Rose Absolute,Rosemary Oil, Patchouli Oil, Elderflower Vinegar,Bentonite Gel, Geraniol, *Limonene, *Linalool,Perfume

Overall, I like it. I wish it were cheaper though!!! 

Have you tried any Lush Fresh Face Masks? What do you think? 

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks :) Lol I can't beieve I posted a pic with it on my face....but all in the name of blogging!!!

      Delete