Monday, May 13, 2013

DIY Beauty: Pumpkin Hair Mask

Worst thing I have EVER done for my hair. 

Seriously.

I got the "recipe" from naturallycurly.com.

Click here for the recipe!

I don't do many DIY but I really want to try. They are kind of fun.

Anyway, I started with some pumpkin that I've had just sitting in the freezer from the fall when I wanted to make a pumpkin pie from scratch. I figured I would get rid of some of it by using it in my hair.

I halved the recipe because it seems like it would make a lot. And it does!

First I added my pumpkin. About a 1/2 cup...


Then 1/2 cup of yoghurt

Then 1 tablespoon of honey and 2 tablespoons of coconut oil.

Then I mixed it up..and tasted it. Tastes like pumpkin yoghurt. Not bad!

Then I put it in my hair. It's messy. Drops everywhere and makes a mess so eventually I placed my head over the tub and put it on.

It felt bad going on...I think it's because of the yoghurt. Felt like it was sucking all the moisture out of my hair.

Let it sit for twenty minutes.

Then went to rinse it out.

Uh OH.

The little pumpkin pieces would NOT rinse out. I didn't take a pic because  was super frustrated. It looks like I had dandruff. I spent an hour shampooing and conditioning like crazy and even combing it through with a fine toothed comb. It was horrible. After the first rinse it felt nice and was super curly and smooth but all the shampooing and conditioning I had to do undid that.

I still have pumpkin in my hair. It might rinse better if your hair is straight though.

Not a good look for me though.

Never again. 

I may try a pumpkin face mask though!

2 comments:

  1. Ahhh that sounds awful! I've always wanted to try a DIY face mask though so if you do manage to do one I'd love to read how you got on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely!! As soon as I finish up the Lush Mask I plan on making a face mask out of the pumpkin:) Shouldn't be as awful as the hair one on my hair lol I have a few more recipes for masks that I wanna try too!!

      Delete