Thursday, May 30, 2013

Lush BB Seaweed Fresh Face Mask




I had fully intended to make my own mask out of pumpkin...but then I ended up in a Lush store again and ended up going home with this. 

Lush claims:
A mask made with men in mind, but without excluding women.
For softening, cooling and reducing redness.
Honey, seaweed and aloe vera to soften and soothe. Olive oil to moisturise.  Fresh rose petals and rose absolute to reduce redness. Rosemary oil to regenerate the skin. All of this is held together with kaolin, ground almonds and millet flakes – so when you wash this off you are also gently exfoliating and removing dead skin.
I was mostly interested in this because it has seaweed in it..and I hear seaweed has all sorts of minerals in it that are good for skin. It also a gently scrub and since it's been a minutes since I've used a scrub I figured I'd better pick it up!

It smells..herbal. Kinda like the Ayesha mask but this one smells better. 

Some people complain about the chunks of seaweed in it but I don't mind it. I just stick it on my face and hope that my face get's a little more of the mineral goodness from it.

It's easy to spread and dries pretty quickly. Unfortunately, if you move your face when talking or eating this does have the tendency to flake off in little pieces. And yes, sometimes I eat with my face mask on...I be hungry!

When I rinse it off I usually just put a little water on my face and scrub it off. That way I can get a little extra exfoliating it. When I do rinse I find my face to feel really nice and moisturized...but it doesn't dry feeling as nice as it felt when I rinsed.

This mask is supposed to help with redness, although I can't comment on that because I have brown skin. I do notice that it helps my face feel extra clean and a little bit softer.

Ingredients:
Lime Tree Flower and Sweet Violet Leaf Decoction,Kaolin, Honey, Glycerine, Ground Almonds,Toothed Wrack Seaweed, Organic Aloe Vera Gel,Millet Flakes, Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil,Bentonite Gel, Fresh Rose Petals, Rose Absolute,Patchouli Oil, Rosemary Oil, Seaweed Absolute,*Citral, *Geraniol, *Benzyl Benzoate, *Limonene,*Linalool, Perfume

I paid almost $15 bucks for it so I don't think it was worth it for that price but if I were paying US or UK prices I would feel a little bit better about the product!

One more thing, it has an expiration after three weeks but as long as it smells and looks the same I keep using it...and I get a LOT of uses out of it...


2 comments:

  1. I've always wanted to try the Lush face masks they sound so lovely but the expiry date always put me off. Nice to know that some of them don't all go off in three weeks! Lovely review hun :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. Thanks!

      I haven't had a problem with it going bad :) I was kinda worried too but I just treat it like I do milk or other food...if it doesn't smell bad or have anything growing in it..it should be fine. Works for me!

      Delete