Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Lush The Comforter Bubble Bar


I had heard nothing but good things about this bubble bar so I was really excited to use it.I actually ended up with two of them, one from the US and one from the UK.

Lush claims:
When life is getting you down, crumble The Comforter under hot, running water for passionately purple water and creamy, comforting bubbles. This massive slice of vibrant fruitiness gives you the feeling of being enveloped in a warm hug and gently consoled by the friendly fruity aroma of a blackcurrant candy. It was created to bring a real sense of comfort to people, just like a real comforter would. Snuggle in, and stay undercover until you’re ready to face the world once again. Even better, each bar creates two baths of fruity comfort.


So as far as looks...the one from the US looked better. The white was with the white and the pink was with the pink. I think the one I got from the UK was older because the colors were kinda muddle together.

The first one I cut up into six pieces.(UK) It made nice bubbles but the scent was barely there. I ended up using two pieces but I honestly was still not satisfied as far as scent goes. It did make terrific bubbles that lasted at least thirty minutes though. 

The one I got from the US I cut into four pieces. It didn't make as many bubbles but the scent on it was a tad stronger...but still nowhere near where I think it should have been. Especially for the price.

I do really like the smell though...when I first start to crumbling a piece I smell it and it's a berry smell with the best vanilla scent ever!! But like I said I can barely smell it once I'm in the water. 

The pink water is...nice. Not as dark as I thought it would be. Could be because my tub is blue though!

As with all bubble bars/bombs my skin is pretty dry when I get out. 

Ingredients:
Sodium Bicarbonate, Cream of Tartar, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Lauryl Betaine, Perfume, Titanium Dioxide, Cocamide DEA, Bergamot Oil, Cassis Absolute (Black Currant), Cypress Oil, *Limonene, *Linalool, Colour 45410, Colour 17200

As you can see I was underwhelmed...Too bad because I really wanted to love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment