Monday, May 20, 2013

Lush Trichomania Shampoo


Since I received this as a sample I didn't originally plan to review. But since my sample was so big (1.9 ounces) I figured I might as well!!

Lush claims:
Coconuts are amazing on the skin, but their natural oils are also great for hair, moisturising and conditioning it. We’ve put lashings of creamed coconut in this bar, to give you as much as possible of its effects. We’ve also included soya lecithin to give protein. 
The rich lather softens and shines the hair, giving a good wash without stripping or drying the hair and scalp. What a feeling!
The lovely coconut and vetivert fragrance leaves your hair smelling good enough to eat for hours afterwards. If you love your hair – give it a coconut treat. Tricha means hair.
At Lush we are hair care fanatics,  so as this bar was Lush's first solid shampoo block, it seemed only right to name it thus. You could say we took our passion and made it happen!

I was super excited because it's a solid shampoo. And I had never used one before. I actually watched a video on youtube showing how to use it. And it's simple!

All I did was wet my hands, my hair, and the bar...rubbed it into my hair and had a lot of thick lather. 

I washed my hair like normal...and rinsed. After rinsing my hair feels squeeky-moisturized. And the curls are super defined...I don't necessarily look for that in a shampoo because the results don't stay.

When my hair is dry it doesn't feel dry at all  which is also a good thing. For some reason I thought it was going to dry my hair out. Another thing I notice is that I don't seem to lose as much hair when I use this as my shampoo.

The only disappointment is the scent. Since this is a coconut shampoo I was expecting a yummy coconut fragrance. The scent is barely there and doesn't smell much like coconut.

It seems to be lasting OK also. I actually weighed it before and after and it seems I use .1 ouces each time..which means it should last around 19 washes! (I'm such a nerd!) 

Ingredients:
Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Stearic Acid, Creamed Coconut, Glyceryl Stearate and PEG 100 Stearate, Cocamide DEA, Soya Lecithin, Perfume, Vetivert Oil

Anyway, it's not a bad shampoo...I just wish the scent was a little stronger and a bit more coconutty!

No comments:

Post a Comment