Friday, July 26, 2013

The Body Shop Vitamin E Body Lotion



The day has finally come that I have absolutely no more body butters!!! There are still a few more that I want to get my hands on, but I thought I would go ahead and review this lotion I have by them. I got it for free awhile back when they sent by the wrong order.

The Body Shop claims:
This lightweight body lotion with vitamin E hydrates skin, leaving it smooth and moisturised.
  • Hydrates and protects
  • Easily absorbed
  • Leaves skin feeling soft and smooth

First off, this smells like Wet Ones. You know those little wipes that mothers seem to have an endless supply of. I know mine sure did when I was growing up.


It also kind faintly smells like rose. I'll be honest, I don't like the scent. It's not my cup of tea, but it doesn't linger so it doesn't matter anyway.

The texture is light...and runny. I haven't used a regular lotion in a long time so I'm kind of missing the texture of body butters.

I don't find it to be that moisturizing. I rub it in...it sinks in and it seems like the moisture is gone. My elbows and knees need something a little heavier. Even in this summer weather.

It just isn't moisturizing enough.

And the packaging is ugly!


Ingredients:
Aqua/Water (Solvent/Diluent), Ethylhexyl Palmitate (Skin Conditioning Agent), Triticum Vulgare Germ Oil/Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Oil (Emollient), Ceteth-20 (Emulsifier), Cyclopentasiloxane (Skin-Conditioning Agent/Emollient), Glycerin (Humectant), Steareth-2 (Emulsifier), Stearyl Alcohol (Emollient), Cyclohexasiloxane (Conditioning Agent), Phenoxyethanol (Preservative), Benzyl Alcohol (Preservative), Tocopheryl Acetate (Antioxidant), Carbomer (Stabiliser/Viscosity Modifier), Potassium Sorbate (Preservative), Methylparaben (Preservative), Propylparaben (Preservative), Parfum/Fragrance (Fragrance), Sodium Hydroxide (pH Adjuster), Benzyl Benzoate (Solvent), Hydroxycitronellal (Fragrance Ingredient), Limonene (Fragrance Ingredient), Geraniol (Fragrance Ingredient), Linalool (Fragrance Ingredient), Citronellol (Fragrance Ingredient), Cinnamyl Alcohol (Fragrance Ingredient), Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone (Fragrance Ingredient), CI 14700/Red 4 (Colour).

To conclude: I don't like it. I've used drugstore Vitamin E lotions that have done a better job for a better price. I think I might pick up the body butter just to compare though...

No comments:

Post a Comment