Friday, July 26, 2013

Mixed Chicks Shampoo



I already told ya'll how I don't like the company or the name but I'm still trying out some of their hair products. I bought this at the same time I bought the leave-in. The two of those hurt my bank account. This shampoo costs twelve bucks, which is pretty expensive. So was it all that and a bag of potato chips?

Mixed Chicks claims:
  • Gently cleanse your defiant hair with a combination of borage seed and avocado oils that work harmoniously in a blend as unique as you are.
  • Botanical extracts are infused for their healing properties.
  • Silk amino acids, soy protein, and panthenol penetrate the follicle and add luster.


Short Answer: No.

The bottle is cute. But small. You get 10 oz of product. No more no less.

It smells nice. Kinda bubbly and champaign-y...and clean. I really like it. But it won't stick to your hair. When you rinse the suds...the scent goes down the drain with it.

The lather is pretty nice. You don't need much to get a decent amount of bubbles. 

Which is probably why it's so drying. My hair gets all tangled when I rinse it out. Tangled and dry. And no extra curl definition.

I guess this is because it's meant to be clarifying..which I really think they ought to mention on the front of the bottle. 


Ingredients:
Water, Ammonium Lauryl Sulfate, Tea Lauryl Sulfate, Cocamide MEA, Glycol, Disterate, Panthenol, Avacado OIl, Silk Amino Acids, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Ginger Extract, Malvasylvestris Extract, Borage Seed Oil, Cinnmidopropyl Trimonium Chloride, Polyqatermium 10, Allantoin, Citric Acid, Tetrasodium Edta, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Chloride, Phenozyethanol, Fragrance, F,d&c Yellow #6 and #5.


I don't really see anything in the ingredient list that justifies the twelve dollar price tag. Is it just me?


Overall, I'm not impressed. 

Skip it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment